Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

Ohh Nashville and they're pointless grass buffers... they drive me up the freakin' wall.  What is the purpose?  The building itself looks nice, but then has the urbanity completely sucked out of it with what might as well be two rows of parking spaces between it and the street.  The bad thing about putting parking between a building and the street is not the parking itself, but the fact that it pushes the building away from the street.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Ohh Nashville and they're pointless grass buffers...

I totally agree. They serve no purpose, and people who think they're necessary can't seem to give a clear objective reason for them; "Appropriate buffers for the area it's in" makes no sense. It's just a waste of space.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Philip said:

I totally agree. They serve no purpose, and people who think they're necessary can't seem to give a clear objective reason for them; "Appropriate buffers for the area it's in" makes no sense. It's just a waste of space.

Some people just like the smell of fresh cut grass...:wacko:

Edited by titanhog

2 hours ago, Philip said:

That'll be there regardless. It's hard to defeat nature in the South. There's still medians and parks and yards and now rooftop green spaces. I think grass will be abundant no matter how much infill happens.

I'm just talking about the only thing that makes sense about a developer building something like that with a "yard" in front is that they love mowing lawns...cause nothing else makes sense.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 2:03 PM, MLBrumby said:

I read a comment on the NC5-HD facebook page that he is a resident of the area around that structure. Wouldn't be surprised to see a news feature on him from the Tennessean (or locals) when the mural is complete. 

Hmmmmmm ^^

5 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

12 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Ohh Nashville and they're pointless grass buffers... they drive me up the freakin' wall.  What is the purpose?  The building itself looks nice, but then has the urbanity completely sucked out of it with what might as well be two rows of parking spaces between it and the street.  The bad thing about putting parking between a building and the street is not the parking itself, but the fact that it pushes the building away from the street.  

cicci_480_poster.jpg

"Yeah, Senator. The city has a lot of 'Buffers.'"

South Carolina developer, Flyaway, has purchased a key chunk of the Silo Bend development along Centennial Blvd. at 54th Ave. North that will include retrofitting old factory and warehouse space for retail, restaurants, and offices.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20863226/south-carolina-developer-buys-in-the-nation

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 1.40.27 PM.png

• Like 2

Midtown Fellowship has purchased the former First United Church's 2.5 acre site at 3410 Granny White Pike under contract with plans to eventually build a larger sanctuary on the site.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/03/01/growing-nashville-church-seeks-buy-expand-granny-white-pike-site/98601962/

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 2.06.24 AM.png

From the Nashville Post:

Nashville-based development entity 11 Vaughns Gap RE LLC is seeking rezoning to accommodate its long-planned 54-residence townhome project for the West Meade site home to Boost FitClub .

The LLC would construct the homes next to building home to Boost FitClub and where outdoor tennis courts for the long-defunct Westside Athletic Club were located.

The development is to be called Boost Commons, but Boost FitClub will have no financial interest in the townhomes, according to Stephen Kerr, a member of the development team. Kerr announced the project in March 2016.

Nashville-based Dale & Associates is handling land planning and engineering efforts, with the team to go before the Metro Planning Commission on Thursday, June 8, to seek specific plan zoning.