Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

Has anyone seen anything - new - on what will be built in the space where the old Dillard's will be torn down. The several years old renderings showed simply more mall, more of the same connecting to the new Dillard's, but with traditional malls in trouble and the current mall's vacancy rate, I'm wondering. Will they try something different? An more open air plaza? A higher end food court? Potentially more empty storefronts doesn't sound like a good idea.

On 6/11/2017 at 5:59 AM, Nash_12South said:

Has anyone seen anything - new - on what will be built in the space where the old Dillard's will be torn down. The several years old renderings showed simply more mall, more of the same connecting to the new Dillard's, but with traditional malls in trouble and the current mall's vacancy rate, I'm wondering. Will they try something different? An more open air plaza? A higher end food court? Potentially more empty storefronts doesn't sound like a good idea.

Phase III is to demo the old Dillard's and replace with 125,000 sq ft of retail space above more parking

Higher end malls are still growing, while low-end malls are dying quickly, due to online shopping

Next to close? Rivergate or Stones River???

• Like 1

I have to ask - Who is going into 125,000 sf of new retail space? Restoration Hardware is moving soon, opening up a big chunk of space, on top of the already several vacant spaces. Even high end retailers are shuttering stores. I agree that GH Mall can survive, but the rents may drop a lot. I read that retailers are renegotiating leases with the warning, lower our rent or we're history.

I'd like a Crate & Barrel. They could take a lot of space in a new addition and would do well here.

The demolition is not exactly going as quickly as I would have thought.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 3

On 6/13/2017 at 7:25 AM, Nash_12South said:

I have to ask - Who is going into 125,000 sf of new retail space? Restoration Hardware is moving soon, opening up a big chunk of space, on top of the already several vacant spaces. Even high end retailers are shuttering stores. I agree that GH Mall can survive, but the rents may drop a lot. I read that retailers are renegotiating leases with the warning, lower our rent or we're history.

I'd like a Crate & Barrel. They could take a lot of space in a new addition and would do well here.

The demolition is not exactly going as quickly as I would have thought.

Word from multiple sources is that Crate and Barrel is coming, so stay tuned...

From a more macro perspective, high-end malls like Green Hills have nothing to worry about for at least the next couple cycles.  There is nowhere else for luxury brands that want to be in Nashville to go.  

• Like 2

From the Nashville Post:

Three permits have been issued related to the Silo Bend project in The Nations.

The permits carry a collective value $13.76 million and will allow for the construction of three buildings. Southland Constructors is overseeing the work. Silo Bend will have an address of 5500 Centennial Blvd.

The Flats at Silo Bend rendering:

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 3.48.16 PM.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, opendrawerwhore said:

I wonder how the Nordstrom is performing?  Every time we go there it seems very slow.  Nordstrom Rack on the other hand is quite busy anytime of the day...

I doubt they are hurting too much as they are the only "high end" department store in town.

I wonder how the overall mall is doing with the Dillard's essentially cut off from the rest of the mall. We usually parked at Dillard's to visit the overall mall but tried the main large garage at Macy's a few weeks ago - a real mess. 20 minutes of slow crawling to find a parking space and again to leave. We vowed never again.