Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

20 hours ago, markhollin said:

From the Nashville Post:

A Highway 70 South site located near Bellevue is being eyed for an apartment project that could include up to 80 units.

According to a Metro document, the property owners of 7447, 7483, 7487 and 7501 Highway 70 S. are requesting a rezoning to specific plan-residential for their parcels, which span a collective 4.47 acres.

A Thursday, May 25, Metro Planning Commission meeting is slated.

That map shows the vanilla Highway 70; the parcels in question I think are on Highway 70 South. Specifically, the houses on the south side of the road between Bellevue Road and Sawyer Brown Road. These have been discussed for rezoning for some time and Sheri Weiner actually sent out a survey to residents in her district asking for ideas on what to put there (like she has a say in it outside of zoning).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrew_3289 said:

My disappointment was tempered by the following statement:

“We are keeping our current location and look forward to having taprooms on the East and West sides of Nashville.”

Glad they aren't entirely going the way of Fat Bottom!

The Impact Tennessee Act which was recently passed to provide more funding for highway improvements has a $94,100,000 pot of money allocated for improvements to Charlotte Pike from White Bridge Road west to Old Hickory Blvd. beyond the I-40 interchange. You can see the TN.gov page and click on the 'Statewide Project Overview Tracker' link to see a map of all projects that are proposed. I looked at the Nashville MPO page to get details but couldn't find anything.

Based on investing that amount of money, I would surmise that the project includes widening of Charlotte Pike to a five-lane section with sidewalks and curb cut control. It would include upgrades of traffic signals, utility relocation and right-of-way acquisition. It would be accomplished in three separate projects and could take more than a decade to complete.

A broader discussion on the TIA should probably be taken to the Transportation thread, but I am intrigued, as I always thought the Pike should undergo this kind of upgrade.

This is huge!!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, PHofKS said:

The Impact Tennessee Act which was recently passed to provide more funding for highway improvements has a $94,100,000 pot of money allocated for improvements to Charlotte Pike from White Bridge Road west to Old Hickory Blvd. beyond the I-40 interchange. You can see the TN.gov page and click on the 'Statewide Project Overview Tracker' link to see a map of all projects that are proposed. I looked at the Nashville MPO page to get details but couldn't find anything.

It's located in the project list of the 2040 RTP. It consists of three phases:

• Phase 1 (0.9 miles, $20,130,000, 2030 horizon) widens to five lanes from White Bridge Road to American Road;
  • Phase 2 (1.8 miles, $48,980,000, 2040 horizon) widens to five lanes from American Road to Interstate 40; and
  • Phase 3 (2.2 miles, $25,000,000, illustrative) widens to five lanes from Interstate 40 to Sawyer Brown Road.

Obviously these horizons were developed prior to the conception of the new funding bill, so they can be accelerated.

• Like 2

From the Nashville Post:

Nashville-based developer MiKeN Development is now grading the site for its mixed-use project in West Nashville and is planning to have the first phase of townhomes on 670 James Avenue completed by early 2018.

John Sawicki, MiKeN chief operating officer, said demolition of some abandoned structures is complete, and site work via contractor Summit Constructors Inc. is underway.

“Our schedule is showing vertical construction beginning in July,” Sawicki said.

The four-parcel site addresses both Vernon and James avenues near the Cumberland River. If standing today, the mixed-use project would be the only of its type in the emerging Robertson Road neighborhood.

Currently Miken is working on the townhomes on a parcel with an address of 670 James Ave. By the fall, the company will begin work on the second phase of the project, to include detached single-family and duplex homes. By mid-2018, MiKeN will undertake a mixed-use structure (to include retail and up to 60 residential stacked-flat units) on 1.96 acres located at 677 Vernon Ave.

A fourth phase, tentatively to start in 2019, will include a mix of townhomes, single-family homes and homes that can accommodate live-work space. The four parcels span a collective 16.7 acres.Nashville-based Centric Architecture is handling design.

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 3.09.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 3.09.30 PM.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

William has info on the "Marketplace" on Charlotte Avenue.  http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20861659/may-2018-finish-date-eyed-for-marketplace-project

The reinvention of the Charlotte Avenue building last home to L&L Restaurant Equipment is slated for a May 2018 completion, with the owner having released new images for the adaptive reuse project.

On-site work on the massive food court and marketplace space began in March.

I really like the look of it -- looks similar to The Factory of Franklin. It also looks like they're going to have a huge amount of retail and restaurant space to fill. I hope they can do it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Anyone know who the old fellow is?

His name is Mr. Estes. He is roughly 90 years old and has lived in the neighborhood for the entirety of his life. He also used to own the H&H markets in the neighborhood but I believe has has since sold them and now just spends his time at the markets conversing with neighbors. 

• Like 2