BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

Nope, Centrepointe's hole is still there in downtown Lexington. At least there are two tower cranes erected to make it seem like something is going on. 

My bad, I thought they filled the hole. Maybe the photo I saw was what it would look like filled in. I read all of this off the Lexington forum.

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, FromParkAveToTN said:

Are there any updates on WES?

*yawn*     uh.....no.

Seriously. I remember this project from 1998 when the Las Vegas Wynn Style hotel twin tower project appeared on the internet. They were curvilinear and faced each other forming a "s' shape.

That was 17 years ago. Since then the City Of Nashville has exploded into an economic power. The city has seen upwards of 30 buildings of 125 feet or taller built in that same time period.

Some of which:

Cumberland

Viridan

Encore

Pinnacle

Sobro under construction

Bridgestone under construction

222 under construction

505 under construction

Icon

Terrazzo

Suntrust

Hilton

222 Commerce

Eakin under construction

Gulch Crossings

Westin under construction

Hilton Garden Inn

Fairfield Inn

Hyatt Place

Aertson under construction

Adelicia

JW Marriott under construction

HCA

Sky House under construction

Lenar under construction

Element

Thompson under construction

That is 25 if (I counted right) projects over 125 feet. I cannot fathom why Alex Palmer cannot get financing for his towers when all these others did. That is why I consider this along with the Federal Courthouse, dead. Nashville City Center 2 could be on this list as well as projects that will never happen. He will never do anything. Never. The best he can do is sell the land and let a major retailer come in and build a 3-5 story urban mall complete with a Whole Foods on the ground level.

He missed the proverbial boat which has long sailed out into the abyss. The project would no longer have a career defining cache' it once did. It would no longer set off to the side and be bold and progressive like it once did. Now it would be just another couple of towers in Nashville's Gulch and Midtown display of high rise glass.

Edited by Paramount747
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Yeah... here, let me start holding my breath.

It should probably be drained at least once a year anyway, to be considered "maintained" like you would a pool...

• Like 1