BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

From SkyFive (WTVF, NewsChannel 5) yesterday

**  Maybe metro requested the lake to be drained due to concerns it may overflow ??? I doubt it
**  Maybe needs to be drained for tax assessment or property appraisal ???
**  Maybe collecting money from the "wishing well" ??? (I have personally thrown a few pennies in while wishing for 3 25-story towers)

FB_IMG_1450291190466_zpsq7vqahyw.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, farm_boy said:

From SkyFive (WTVF, NewsChannel 5) yesterday

**  Maybe metro requested the lake to be drained due to concerns it may overflow ??? I doubt it
**  Maybe needs to be drained for tax assessment or property appraisal ???
**  Maybe collecting money from the "wishing well" ??? (I have personally thrown a few pennies in while wishing for 3 25-story towers)

FB_IMG_1450291190466_zpsq7vqahyw.jpg

Damn, that thing looks deep as Hell! (at least in this time view)  I knew people (perhaps we all did at one time) who used to love swimming in similarly sized quarry holes (e.g. Martha's hole in Martha of western Wilson Co.) ─ at night even ─ in some cases as deep as 100 feet or more.  With mention of that matter, in an effort to discourage ventures, that too could be a possible rationale in part for draining that thing. -==-

On 12/17/2015 at 9:48 AM, titanhog said:

There will eventually come a time in the near future when this will become a "protected wetlands area" and we won't be allowed to build anything there.  Palmer needs to hurry before the Sierra Club catches wind...

haha I think that would be hilarious if tons of people jokingly went there to picket the draining of the lake with signs like that. Shouldn't historic nashville be fighting to save this?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

haha I think that would be hilarious if tons of people jokingly went there to picket the draining of the lake with signs like that. Shouldn't historic nashville be fighting to save this?

I promise, there are people out there that if we called and told them a developer is about to drain a protected wetland area, they'd show up without even checking.  That would be epic! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Hmmmm...

The newly filed permit gives a reason: "Necessary to assess the condition ... in order to begin the engineering for a planned structure to be built there."

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/01/new-permit-explains-why-water-will-be-pumped-out.html

We can only hope he's learned his lesson about releasing details too soon.  I hope it's something  big.