Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

10 minutes ago, titanhog said:

^^That's some big numbers at the CMHoF.  And...402 full time employees?  Why would they need that many full time employees?

Tour guides, curators, back of the house staff, cleaning staff. I could see it, still does seem up there, I wonder if it's all full time folks.

3 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

While I think this is a great list for out of towners, Nashville doesn't offer much for families.  The Zoo is pretty good (twice a year MAX) and the Science Center needs to update their exhibits.  I know I am preaching to the choir here... but if we still had Opry Land that would have brought so many families back into Nashville and with the growth in tourism and population to the mid-state... who knows what hotel growth that would have created. 

Think about it for a moment... when Opry Land was big, downtown Nashville was still sketchy and didn't draw a lot of tourists.  NOW look at Nashville.  With the influx of 20-somethings and it becoming a "destination city", Opry Land would be a MASSIVE success.  You'd think many more hotels would be needed... maybe the ones built recently would be taller?   Anyways...  I know no one will build an amusement park from scratch these days but it would be so successful in Nashville. 

When my kids were little, we bought a season pass to Opry Land because they had an excellent area for children.  Every time we're near the Opry Land property, we talk about how much fun we had there.  The city needs a new Opry Land!

• Like 2

I attended a Nashville Opera performance at TPAC’s Jackson Hall last weekend and was saddened to see that they have covered the lobby’s beautiful custom floor with a cheap looking faux wood commercial grade flooring. Apparently the custom floor was deteriorating and rather than repair the damage they chose to cover instead. We just can’t have nice things!9A75C662-7D33-472B-9D48-9C3BA046A4A5.jpeg

8BDBCEE7-C2FE-4731-A66E-7C6E83754E18.jpeg

Edited by donNdonelson2
Clarification 2.0 (add “after” photo)
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, PaulChinetti said:

Is that part off to the right going to be the green room? It just looks so much more massive than needed, they invite like 30 draftees to the event and not all except because they want to be with family.

Maybe where more media will be?

probably a mix of everything. 

12 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^That's some big numbers at the CMHoF.  And...402 full time employees?  Why would they need that many full time employees?

12 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Tour guides, curators, back of the house staff, cleaning staff. I could see it, still does seem up there, I wonder if it's all full time folks.

The zoo relies heavily on a lot of volunteers

@donNdonelson2, that is so sad. That is as sad as the cheap makeover of the Bicentennial Mall fountain after the 2010 flood

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 3:05 AM, fishsticks176 said:

Yeah, they meet and organize near the Waffle House on Trinity Lane for each ride.

Thats always been my concern, too, especially after the explicit threats made by their cameraman.

Why hasn't the MNPD shown up and arrested the lot of them and destroyed their toys?

This is one I did not know where to put it but I think as lover of architecture we have to mourn the loss of Notre Dame in Paris today as fire as pretty much destroyed the structure.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/fire-devastates-notre-dame-cathedral-in-paris/ar-BBVXK4e?ocid=spartanntp

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 6

4 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

This is one I did not know where to put it but I think as lover of architecture we have to mourn the loss of Notre Dame in Paris today as fire as pretty much destroyed the structure.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/fire-devastates-notre-dame-cathedral-in-paris/ar-BBVXK4e?ocid=spartanntp

The footage I'm seeing is making me cry.  Plus...there are priceless works of art inside of the cathedral.  I hope they can at least save enough of the structure to renovate...but it's not looking good.

12307640-6925015-image-m-14_1555349367026.jpg

Edited by titanhog
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 4