Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

18 minutes ago, nashmoney said:

Light show to help Nashville 'shine' in NFL Draft spotlight

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/light-show-to-help-nashville-shine-in-nfl-draft-spotlight

During the first round of the draft, the Korean Veterans Bridge, Nissan Stadium and the Schermerhorn Symphony Center will all light up in the colors of the team 'on the clock.'

The light show accompanies 32 video boards that line the downtown pedestrian bridge. Each monitor will be dedicated to one of the NFL teams. The NCVC also encouraged other buildings to light up in blue during the first round. Blue is one of the NFL's primary colors.

They’ve been cycling through different colors on the bridge and Schermerhorn tonight. I think the effect will be neat during the first round. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andy20 said:

It looks like it's triangular. I wonder if it might go on Lafayette St. with all of those triangular shaped lots. I could also see it around midtown/Vandy/West End.

Yea, for some reason I see it in midtown, music row area. A location will be revealed soon.

• Like 2

Man, I like football just fine, but standing in a crowd of strangers for four hours just to hear some the names of some other strangers read off is not my idea of a good time!  Is there any entertainment between picks or something?  Ah well... to each their own.  The city looks great and this is going to be phenomenal for us going forward!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I agree about crowds, but yes, there are bands playing at several spots (and of course inside the Honky Tonks). Just saw Moon Taxi playing on the big stage. Also heard Kirk Herbstreit brag about his hometown Nashville. He said (paraphrase) "Nashville has been getting ready for this for a year and this city is flexing its muscle. It's such a great party town." 

Oh!  For some reason I was under the impression that the honky tonks along Broadway had to be closed during this event... I'm honestly not sure why, but it all makes sense now.  Thanks!  :)

• Like 2