Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

I agree they must ask and must accept the incentives, all other things being equal. I will quibble that the federal government has any authority over the matter.

15 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

The move was contingent on the incentives. All economic incentive packages are confidential until after the fact. The details were just released.

Dang, didn't realize this move was contingent on the incentive package. 

Edited by Nathan_in_DC

I love country music and I know this Brothers Osborne video of their hit was filmed in Nashville.  Where is this rapidly gentrifying neighborhood where a good bit of is filmed?  I see new townhomes mixed in with older homes.  I know someone will recognize the neighborhood.  Thanks in advance.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Found another one of those Bird scooters beside my apartment complex. It’s a unique concept, but I just see this getting out of hand with people riding them all over creation and then leaving them wherever.

F65EE1A6-3EA0-41B3-A7A9-FA2DA6479F8C.jpeg

Edited by Nashdawg
added some wordage

9 hours ago, Nashdawg said:

Found another one of those Bird scooters beside my apartment complex. It’s a unique concept, but I just see this getting out of hand with people riding them all over creation and then leaving them wherever.

FYI, they pick them all up overnight, pay the city a dollar per day per scooter, and commit to only adding more scooters when the existing ones are being ridden at least 3 times per day.

https://www.bird.co/sos-pledge-mar272018

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Nashdawg said:

F65EE1A6-3EA0-41B3-A7A9-FA2DA6479F8C.jpeg

If an apple falls from your neighbors tree into your yard, it's your apple. Enjoy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

This article looks to be from 2017...

Sorry about that but the Nashville Business Journal has an article but I am not a subscriber about it.   Here is the link if someone subscribes

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/05/14/800-health-tech-jobs-are-heading-to-this-downtown.html?ana=e_nsh_bn_exclusive&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1526321158&j=81573291

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Additional Philips jobs (Health Tech) going to the former Bank of America building at 414 Union Street. They want their name on the building. 

So an additional 800, added to the 850 announced last year?