Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

A feature in Departures magazine on Ben Weprin, who runs AJ Capital and plans the Graduate Hotel at 20th/West End... https://www.departures.com/travel/hotels/graduate-hotels-college-towns

While there's no mention of Nashville or other proposed hotels, it covers his philosophy and why he started them.  I did not know he is a UT graduate. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, volsfanwill said:

I follow the Mayor on Twitter.

the number of people that tweet at her complaints about non city issues is astounding.  mostly about the interstates.  

I laugh every time. 

In general, the public understanding of where the borders of city, county, state, and Federal responsibility are is laughable. Of course, most politicians don't help the matter either, what with campaign platforms and promises that they have little to no influence over.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bhibbs said:

I'll just leave this here...........................

Capture.PNG

Hopefully this isn't just rehashing that same non-story that keeps popping up every few months. If it's not....pleeeeaaaase let it happen. Is Icahn keeping this as an investment for his children? He's like 176 years old so it can't be for himself...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bhibbs said:

I'll just leave this here...........................

Capture.PNG

There is I think a perfect spot for it......the old State Prison site. There is plenty of space, river access, a rail spur right next to it and interstate access via Briley Parkway.  

Perfect location, but would be a bit of a controversial move as I believe it has been preserved as a historic site. Not sure, though.

1 minute ago, Pdt2f said:

About what?! This being gone?

aye. to quote a few people:

You realize it will just be replaced with a jillion condos that will further clog our access to downtown, right?

If they built something for us locals, I'd be all for re-development. Unfortunately, the land will most likely be sold to the highest campaign donor to build more condos.

looks like the mods have deleted some posts, but there you are.

• Confused 3

That's Bret's district and those folks complain about the color of the sky and grass. More emails to Metro Council from that district than all the other districts combined. If it were condos and they were going to replace it with parks, or even a junk yard, they would complain about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

That's Bret's district and those folks complain about the color of the sky and grass. More emails to Metro Council from that district than all the other districts combined. If it were condos and they were going to replace it with parks, or even a junk yard, they would complain about it.

I just wish those people lived in the same East Nashville that I grew up in :rolleyes:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, e-dub said:

aye. to quote a few people:

You realize it will just be replaced with a jillion condos that will further clog our access to downtown, right?

If they built something for us locals, I'd be all for re-development. Unfortunately, the land will most likely be sold to the highest campaign donor to build more condos.

looks like the mods have deleted some posts, but there you are.

Confused: are these people from East Nashville or Brentwood?

:scared:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

This is true.   Not to paint with a broad brush, but there are a lot of very vocal complainers on the East Nashville FB page.    

I can't fathom the argument for preserving a scrap yard on your front doorstep.    

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

This is true.   Not to paint with a broad brush, but there are a lot of very vocal complainers on the East Nashville FB page.    

I can't fathom the argument for preserving a scrap yard on your front doorstep.    

Perhaps they're worried someone is going to open a coffee shop there that doesn't use fair trade organic beans... :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I drive Davidson to and from work every day.  I actually love the industrial vibe.  Of course, I also love Dickerson and what's left of its grittiness.  I'm not worked up enough about it to complain on the EN FB page, but I will miss it when it's gone.

Edited by etimer13

9 hours ago, bhibbs said:

they moved from Brentwood to East Nashville, right around 2005

Really, you don't think it's the ones that moved in post flood?

I will say, I have seen a major influx of high end luxury cars on the East Side the last few days.  A little disconcerting, IMO.