Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

On 10/31/2019 at 8:10 AM, HankStrong said:

It matters to me more than Scott Joseph's.

The place was packed when we went, so service was understandably slow, but it didn't speed up when the place died down.  We were there for over three hours.   The brussels, and binets were on point.  The meat and cheese board I heard was great as well.  The cauliflower was undercooked and promptly sent back.  It was better when it was brought back.   I personally had the pork tenderloin which was very good as was my wife's salmon.  My buddy's grouper looked fantastic.  The drinks are $12-$15 which is a little steep for my taste.  

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

:whistling:

I spoke with two different vendors that are supposed to be in the Yard and they are concerned about delays. They did not provide much more detail.

Oops, just posted this and realized it is south Orlando section and not Ivanhoe.

Edited by AmIReal

Orlando Health sure is scooping up a lot of property in the area. I noticed the Orange facing lot next to the fire house at Kaley is fenced off and says it will be their imaging center (I think).

They also bought the old Bell South building near the corner of Columbia and Division as well as the "sick" building across the street that used to house Scott Randolph's operation. Add to that the 30k foot warehouse next to the Amtrak station and a smaller infill lot  on Copeland. All of these purchased within the past year. I guess they are just ensuring they will have the space for continued growth, but at this rate they look like they want to own everything between Gore and Kaley.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2019/10/30/orlando-health-buys-more-central-florida-land.html?iana=hpmvp_orl_news_headline

19 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Orlando Health sure is scooping up a lot of property in the area. I noticed the Orange facing lot next to the fire house at Kaley is fenced off and says it will be their imaging center (I think).

They also bought the old Bell South building near the corner of Columbia and Division as well as the "sick" building across the street that used to house Scott Randolph's operation. Add to that the 30k foot warehouse next to the Amtrak station and a smaller infill lot  on Copeland. All of these purchased within the past year. I guess they are just ensuring they will have the space for continued growth, but at this rate they look like they want to own everything between Gore and Kaley.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2019/10/30/orlando-health-buys-more-central-florida-land.html?iana=hpmvp_orl_news_headline

Thats what institutions do.  They have the money and are in it for the long run.  I hear a new bed tower is coming soon, but not sure where. 

The moving of that imaging center from across the street is a big win.  The former has already been purchased by a company that is planning retail which will connect the small retail stretch north of Kaley down to Kaley.    

Edited by Jernigan

Wow, I didn't see this coming. I've always thought the SoDo development was undersized. This would help address the issue.

From GS-

"The 6-acre site is at 215 W Grant St... (would) keep a 29,000-square-foot fully-leased warehouse...  add three new buildings with a combined 50,000 square feet and an industrial-chic vibe...(and) include a second flex warehouse building, an office or micro-brewery and a 12,600-square foot retail/restaurant."

And, yes, its in an opportunity zone.

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/retail-dining-developments/gs-news-sodo-hughes-20191106-pkipv6eedzanjgdgkuhcsspuma-story.html

On 10/30/2019 at 3:42 PM, Jernigan said:

Grant Street Redevelopment:

AttachmentViewer.ashx?AttachmentID=89198

I wonder if this would be the new home of Orlando Brewing?!

Bumping this from last week (I posted it but then someone posted something about some kind of museum so it got lost in the shuffle).

Check out that MPB Staff Report though.

Some things to note based on the images JFW shared and other comments:

- The street on the right side of the rendering is a new private driveway on the project - NOT Lucerne Terrace that is pictured on the right side of the map image.   Those homes aren't going to disappear or anything.

- That little parcel on the northwest corner of Lucerne Terrace and Grant is supposed to be an additional set of townhomes just like the ones recently built and under construction on the east side of Lucerne Terrace.

- And lastly - I'll say it again - could Orlando Brewing be moving here?  Their current site was sold to Orlando Health and they would have to vacate in the next few years.   

Edited by Jernigan
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2019 at 11:12 AM, ragerunner said:

The winning Pulse design team was announced this morning. Final design work will now begin. This is a big day for the OnePulseFoundation, families, the SODO District and the City of Orlando.

Coldefy and RDAI are out of Paris and HHCP is from Orlando.

48837509816_8d2147df56_b.jpg

48837684047_0e09d85967_b.jpg

48837134718_42e2198a61_b.jpg

Reminds me Calatrava, too bad Orlando couldn't pay him to design it like the Oculus at Ground zero in NYC

9 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Bumping this from last week (I posted it but then someone posted something about some kind of museum so it got lost in the shuffle).

- The street on the right side of the rendering is a new private driveway on the project - NOT Lucerne Terrace that is pictured on the right side of the map image.   Those homes aren't going to disappear or anything.

- That little parcel on the northwest corner of Lucerne Terrace and Grant is supposed to be an additional set of townhomes just like the ones recently built and under construction on the east side of Lucerne Terrace.

- And lastly - I'll say it again - could Orlando Brewing be moving here?  Their current site was sold to Orlando Health and they would have to vacate in the next few years.   

I saw your post last week and I've asked some friends to inquire around about Orlando Brewing. No word recently, but a few months back I was under the impression they did not have a time limit on their current site.

13 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Yes, I wanted to outline the actual parcel, but it was late and that would have been more time-consuming work. I also didn't want to zoom the map pic in closer, because that would've defeated my purpose, which was to give a better idea of the location than the rendering does.

C'est la vie.

Edit:

Screenshot-62.png

Screenshot-60.png&key=e2001dbfa91caea545

Edited by JFW657

Looking at the empty lot photo JFW posted, the big warehouse outside the yellow lines I believe is the big blank building shown in the mock up and should be within the yellow lines of the overall project. This building is fully leased, will be renovated and is staying, per the GS article. The developer will build 3 new buildings that will basically fit within the yellow lines JFW drew and those are the buildings depicted in the mock up. The back and middle building will be flex space and the building fronting Grant will be flex/ office/ microbrew/ retail/ restaurant???

Also, per the article, the back 2 (or 3) buildings will be contained within a fenced off area and I especially liked this comment- "Grant Street is one of three east-west streets slated to receive pedestrian and bike improvements in 2022."