Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

18 hours ago, Jernigan said:

An update that the former Orlando Health Imaging Center (1751 S Orange) will be renovated into the new, larger home of Kirkpatrick Vet.    Their current location (2401 S Orange) will be torn down and replaced with a new TD Bank.  

So this is kinda interesting.  That corner (Page/Orange) has needed love for a while.  TD Bank isn't necessarily what I'm looking for, but mmk.  I suppose its an upgrade.  Interesting in that means TD Bank will vacate their current large space behind Freshfield at Illiana/Delaney which they currently own.  32000 sqft lot.  Could be an interesting redevelopment.  It won't be, but it could!

46 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Staff a Report for Lake Copeland apartments: 

I mean, I kinda hate lakefronts being used for apartments, but better than the office building I suppose.

Quite an improvement over the original rendering (Lake Copeland Apartments). Hopefully it will be made of quality concrete block construction. I wonder if the apt complex will be given lake access and if that would fly with private property owners in the Lake Copeland historic district.

East-Copeland-View-1-scaled.thumb.jpg.c5efc798b0144b7b45d56c501a8ffada.jpg

On 5/5/2019 at 7:32 PM, nite owℓ said:

^^

I don't think there's any relation to the interior image group... totally different company logo:

Found 'em: https://integrityinvestmentsgroup.com

2052828730_LakeCopelandApts.thumb.jpg.0557ac0af5413de2c36b19aeedee08ff.jpg

3 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

So this is kinda interesting.  That corner (Page/Orange) has needed love for a while.  TD Bank isn't necessarily what I'm looking for, but mmk.  I suppose its an upgrade.  Interesting in that means TD Bank will vacate their current large space behind Freshfield at Illiana/Delaney which they currently own.  32000 sqft lot.  Could be an interesting redevelopment.  It won't be, but it could!

It’s a nice looking bank / posted it somewhere in this thread a few months ago.   Not to mention the current vet office is the biggest eyesore on that stretch of Orange.   And definitely would love to see that Pineloch office area do a 180!

3 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

Quite an improvement over the original rendering (Lake Copeland Apartments). Hopefully it will be made of quality concrete block construction. I wonder if the apt complex will be given lake access and if that would fly with private property owners in the Lake Copeland historic district.

The page titles them as Lake Copeland Apartments, but the text states they are senior living.

https://integrityinvestmentsgroup.com/

Does anyone know if the more egregious problems at Lucerne Towers have been addressed?

The thing was built to withstand nuclear attack but, over time, even it could succumb to demolition by neglect and that would be tragic.

It would especially be heartbreaking as everything surrounding it is on the upswing.

18 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Does anyone know if the more egregious problems at Lucerne Towers have been addressed?

The thing was built to withstand nuclear attack but, over time, even it could succumb to demolition by neglect and that would be tragic.

It would especially be heartbreaking as everything surrounding it is on the upswing.

They’re still actively renovating it I believe. When I passed it the other day it had construction stuff on the outside of it. Still looks a dump. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

More great seafood down Pine Castle way at the Happy Snapper - it’s a market and restaurant. Scott J says it’s not as big as Limbardi’s or Bar Harbor but the small selection is yummy:

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/

As usual, I don't give a crap about what Scott J says.  What do you think about it?

19 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

More great seafood down Pine Castle way at the Happy Snapper - it’s a market and restaurant. Scott J says it’s not as big as Limbardi’s or Bar Harbor but the small selection is yummy:

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/

Noooooo no no no no no no no no!!!!

I am NOT going to "go there".  :stop:

And I'm not talking about not visiting the restaurant, which I won't do either but only because I don't do restaurants.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

1380252_1.jpg

Holey shirt, Batmam!!!!

Orchid Supply all over again. 

1 minute ago, bqknight said:

Wow. I liked Lucky's a lot too. 

I wonder what Lucky's Corner will be called now. 

Un-Lucky Corner maybe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2