Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

One thing that I noticed in looking at some of the skyline photos is how squatty (yes I know that's not a word), the skyline looks.  The CBD really needs some height.  505 might help a little, but the skyline is in a desperate need for a couple of 50+ story office buildings and not the type that takes up a whole city block.  I truly hope developers push for more height in SoBro.  I'm still reeling over the missed opportunity for the trolly barn development.

Also, when I was in Nashville in few weeks back, I noticed on the I-24/40 west approach into the CBD how the Rutledge Hill developments are giving a new look to the skyline as you approach the city before the split.  While I don't dislike it, I noticed that even though the buildings under construction are not tall, they will block some of the taller buildings planned for SoBro as you make that approach into the city core.  Have any of you guys noticed that?

The other thing that I noticed was how the walkway bridge over I-65 on the south of town is really in need of a face lift.  I think it would be cool to do it up in lights and have "Nashville" spelled out on it.  Same thing with the walkway bridge over I-40 near the Jefferson Street exit.  It just makes sense to me if you're going to have those type of structures convert them into a piece of art or do something that takes away from the wire fencing.  I believe there's one on Ellington Parkway as well that could be transformed.  Orlando has done a really nice job in bridge art.  in some cases it was as simple as adding on a facade not building a new bridge.  I think Nashville could do the same.  Maybe a project for the art commission???  Or are you guys still upset with Stix?  Which when I saw it in person I thought it was okay.  Not wowed by it though.  It seems like it's missing something.  It definitely could use better lighting and maybe a water feature.  Of course it should have been a fountain.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, PillowTalk4 said:

One thing that I noticed in looking at some of the skyline photos is how squatty (yes I know that's not a word), the skyline looks.  The CBD really needs some height.  505 might help a little, but the skyline is in a desperate need for a couple of 50+ story office buildings and not the type that takes up a whole city block.  I truly hope developers push for more height in SoBro.  I'm still reeling over the missed opportunity for the trolly barn development.

Also, when I was in Nashville in few weeks back, I noticed on the I-24/40 west approach into the CBD how the Rutledge Hill developments are giving a new look to the skyline as you approach the city before the split.  While I don't dislike it, I noticed that even though the buildings under construction are not tall, they will block some of the taller buildings planned for SoBro as you make that approach into the city core.  Have any of you guys noticed that?

The other thing that I noticed was how the walkway bridge over I-65 on the south of town is really in need of a face lift.  I think it would be cool to do it up in lights and have "Nashville" spelled out on it.  Same thing with the walkway bridge over I-40 near the Jefferson Street exit.  It just makes sense to me if you're going to have those type of structures convert them into a piece of art or do something that takes away from the wire fencing.  I believe there's one on Ellington Parkway as well that could be transformed.  Orlando has done a really nice job in bridge art.  in some cases it was as simple as adding on a facade not building a new bridge.  I think Nashville could do the same.  Maybe a project for the art commission???  Or are you guys still upset with Stix?  Which when I saw it in person I thought it was okay.  Not wowed by it though.  It seems like it's missing something.  It definitely could use better lighting and maybe a water feature.  Of course it should have been a fountain.

As far as the pedestrian bridges over the interstates, they have already been updated in the last couple of years........believe it or not.

12 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I really hope that the Comfort Suites in that shot is approaching its shelf life.

If it does go down, at some point, the apartment prices at Element will drop a lot after a 20 story is built on the hotel lot.  With the guy that owns the hotel, money talk and you know what walks. This is the same guy that owns the Best Western on Division and the same guy that owns the old HH Mall, now Global crossings Mall.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I really hope that the Comfort Suites in that shot is approaching its shelf life.

I can't imagine the amount of protest that will take place if a proposed new building blocks downtown views from the apartment behind the CS in that picture.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, markhollin said:

A little private garden along the west side of First Avenue North, on the other side of the street from Ft. Nashborough:

First_Ave._Garden_1,_Nov.JPG

First_Ave._Garden_2,_Nov.JPG

I can't remember the name but it's an event space.  I attended a wedding reception there.  Very nice.  It looks very similar to Cannery Ballroom on the inside.

• Like 3