Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Like the  almost 40 building proposals for The Gulch if had any similar elements that this building has on the upper portion of the building that building will look incredible not that they design it's bad for what it is, this is only 25 floors and has a solid design when I went to Miami a lot of the residential buildings the upper portion of the building had like a slant to it or different simplistic features on the upper portion of the building that your eyes up to appreciate the architecture I'm not trying get off topic just something that I noticed and other cities that we're not trying to incorporate in our own architecture I'll take 505cts for the building we have I just hoping for more JW Marriott design architecture

41 minutes ago, chris holman said:

This is not planned here or anything but if they are building Box shaped buildings in Nashville will it hurt to design one or more  like this , one 

On the bottom is a Apartment tower planned for Atlanta 

There's much that can done with "boxes" to be aptly and creatively applied to towers such as with these renderings.  The designs can remain rectilinear along any axis, yet maintain optimum volumetric use, without the need for costly special structural compound contours while still conferring classiness and a command of attention.

I can envision even a judicious selection of accents of stainless steel and stone or vitreous-glazed cladding material used in small quanties applied to the exterior of curtain walls, to the extent of establishing elements of striking contrast.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2016 at 6:24 PM, Nashtitans said:

^Those parking lots in the first pic need to go

Oh, they are.  The leftmost with the white building has plans for it and the middle one First Baptist has plans for as well.  Just have to give it a couple years! :D

• Like 1

As discussed with several of you is the fact that we have so much space that can be developed. A blessing and a curse. The more area we have, the less likely we will get tall and super tall buildings. We will have a sprawling skyline but it will take a while to fill in. A while meaning several decades.

i am hopeful we will get a 700' + tower soon, but not going to hold my breath.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2016 at 4:01 PM, chris holman said:

This is not planned here or anything but if they are building Box shaped buildings in Nashville will it hurt to design one or more  like this , one 

On the bottom is a Apartment tower planned for Atlanta 

Tremont_Tower.png

Mandarin-Oriental-Atlanta1.jpg

The top proposal is in Orlando and that bottom proposal was the Mandarin Oriental that was cancelled over a year ago.