Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

1 minute ago, fieldmarshaldj said:

We're all grown ups here (I think). It is impossible to avoid all discussion of politics since it overlaps with urban development, so this silly complaint that it must never be seen or heard, lest it offend the sensibilities of some special snowflakes who can't handle seeing a comment that doesn't jibe with their worldview, should be dismissed out of hand. If you don't like a discussion that is relevant to the topic and comments being made, ignore it and move on to the next thread.

We just want to keep it separate. We're fine with users talking politics, just keep it to the Coffee House. that's what it's for.

• Like 3

I think as long as you guys are not getting nasty and calling folks names, I am good. Be respectful and think before you post and don't use comments like PharohPhil. I fully understand that it is hard to determine where the line is.

Just treat others the way you would want to be treated and apologize if someone has taken you the wrong way. I just do not want the current left, right, demo, rep, Hillery and Donald mentioned. Way Too Volatile.

You guys know what should and needs to be done.

Oh and dont sidetrack the thread......

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dmillsphoto said:

We just want to keep it separate. We're fine with users talking politics, just keep it to the Coffee House. that's what it's for.

Those Coffee House discussions tend to descend to the predictable back and forth and those that are explicitly political (rather than mixed in with a topic) are ones that the founders of this website wanted to avoid, since they can be had anywhere else. As an example, there wouldn't be much point in having a Trump vs. Clinton thread, since you can find one on almost anywhere else (and would needlessly incite the posters), but one discussing the positives vs. negatives of Nashville Mayors past and present within the context of the present thread (their impact on urban revitalization/Antioch, et al) is entirely appropriate in my estimation, and unless one wants to explicitly discuss it, I don't see the need to move it over to CH.

9 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think as long as you guys are not getting nasty and calling folks names, I am good. Be respectful and think before you post and don't use comments like PharohPhil. I fully understand that it is hard to determine where the line is.

Just treat others the way you would want to be treated and apologize if someone has taken you the wrong way. I just do not want the current left, right, demo, rep, Hillery and Donald mentioned. Way Too Volatile.

You guys know what should and needs to be done.

Oh and dont sidetrack the thread......

What's wrong with Pharaoh Phil ? That was his sobriquet.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fieldmarshaldj said:

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt after 6 failures in a row (I'll exclude Briley). At least he offered something different after 130 years of one-party rule.

If the current state of our city is failure, you might be the only person in this city who wants success.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, samsonh said:

If the current state of our city is failure, you might be the only person in this city who wants success.

We can do better across the board, especially demanding fiscal responsibility from councils and Mayors who don't consider that a priority. I know that's anathema to you, too.

• Like 1

I swear that can't be finished! I'm sorry to beat a dead horse. Every time I see a pic of the Westin is irritates me! And those random blue panes!! The top floors are so disconnected. How could they have made such a huge mistake???

Is there anyway to contact someone or ask someone at the site if this is the final product?

Edited by TNinVB

I did a really quick count on cranes a while back. there are at least 24 tower cranes up maybe a couple more that that. with all the ground cranes, boom cranes, and assorted cranes, the number is well over 40 , maybe approaching 50. Now this is all of Davidson. I don't think I am off too much.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I did a really quick count on cranes a while back. there are at least 24 tower cranes up maybe a couple more that that. with all the ground cranes, boom cranes, and assorted cranes, the number is well over 40 , maybe approaching 50. Now this is all of Davidson. I don't think I am off too much.

Then this map is bs then.  The south doesn't exist to whoever created this lol. The fastest growing states in the south (Texas, Florida, NC, Tennessee, Georgia) aren't even listed. And the fastest growing city in the nation, Austin, isn't listed either! Anyone who visits Austin will know its surrounded by cranes.

CvTMB6wWIAAUw4Q.jpg

Edited by Nashtitans

Looks like Mark Nowlin didn't do thorough research. I know Charlotte and Atlanta have at least 20.  Pretty sure Miami has at least 15... and where is Houston and Dallas?  Typical bi-coastal media bias. To them the Southeast almost does not exist. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

That map seems to have purposely left out the red states. :)  The 10-14 total they bothered to show for Phoenix, Boston and Honolulu is just sad.  I know at least three Metros in Texas that have a lot more than that, plus several other big southern cities.  Also, NYC also has more than 28.  

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 5:22 PM, markhollin said:

I  know things have been a bit slow the past 4 weeks as far as announcements on new larger-scale projects.  However, that does not mean there will be any decrease in crane activity over the next several years.  If anything, there will be even MORE cranes erected in the upcoming 24 months.

Nashville will continue to be extremely busy with large-scale construction that will be quite obvious not only to we residents, but to the millions of visitors to our fair city between now and 2018.  Fear not, my friends...this place is still hopping.

It was a slow few weeks, but I love that within a few days after you posted this, big news was announced on several massive (as least in acreage) developments for next year.  Silo Bend in The Nations, the May Hoisery and Outpost Nashville in Wedgewood-Houston, the new huge $270 million Boyle project in Cool Springs, and Crescent's new one across the street from Ovation in Cool Springs.  Not to mention that the new Drury in SoBro was approved and the grocery/retail/office/hotel site in Germantown was officially purchased by the developers, hopefully signaling that these will be moving forward quickly too.  Great week IMO.

• Like 2