Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

I can't remember the name but it's an event space.  I attended a wedding reception there.  Very nice.  It looks very similar to Cannery Ballroom on the inside.

Unfortunately it's not an event space any longer, my wife and I tried to get it for our wedding in February and they had closed shop as an event space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

no ground floor retail at all... I'm surprised metro didn't make ground floor retail a requirement.

That's a fail...right next to a baseball field and no retail?? all of these condos/apartments being built should have some type of retail.

Could they like change it and add retail?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nashvylle said:

no ground floor retail at all... I'm surprised metro didn't make ground floor retail a requirement.

Not only no ground floor retail, but surrounded by a wall.  That will really create a buzz in the neighborhood!  Who needs great bars and restaurants?  All the people exiting the ball games will flood the streets wanting to go visit the short gray wall afterward.  

• Like 3

On 11/7/2016 at 9:34 PM, VSRJ said:

It's so interesting, some photos of the the city (mainly the CBD) make the taller buildings look so isolated -- with little in between -- while other shots make the city look incredibly dense. Is that just me?

On 11/7/2016 at 9:42 PM, MLBrumby said:

Camera lens, angle and distance. 

(Emphasis mine.)

• Like 1

On 11/8/2016 at 4:06 AM, titanhog said:

So many things about the ballpark and surrounding area were done kinda half-way.  You've got the greenway that has a baseball stadium in the middle of it, keeping people from using it.  You have a ballpark design that is the opposite of what most of us would have wanted (a little red brick would have gone a long ways).  Who knows when the promised apartments will be built?  Surrounding development is not encouraged to add street-level retail, thus keeping the neighborhood from possibly having a nice "baseball park in the city" feeling.  Just not very well thought out.

Agree with you.    Everything you list was a part of the city's plan for the ballpark-related development.  

While I like the physical appearance of Carillon - the exterior design and finishes are a step up from the standard fare apartments going up everywhere else - the lack of retail in that location was a glaring urban design omission.   There should be a push for retail fronting Jefferson St. between the bridge and Rosa Parks, yet that hasn't happened.   The sole exception is the Miranda Pontes' Geist redevelopment, which is nearing completion.    Good for her.    She'll have the only game in town (sorry) for pre/post-game gatherings. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CenterHill said:

Agree with you.    Everything you list was a part of the city's plan for the ballpark-related development.  

While I like the physical appearance of Carillon - the exterior design and finishes are a step up from the standard fare apartments going up everywhere else - the lack of retail in that location was a glaring urban design omission.   There should be a push for retail fronting Jefferson St. between the bridge and Rosa Parks, yet that hasn't happened.   The sole exception is the Miranda Pontes' Geist redevelopment, which is nearing completion.    Good for her.    She'll have the only game in town (sorry) for pre/post-game gatherings. 

I 100% agree with you about retail fronting Jefferson street. All the major thoroughfares/boulevards around downtown should have more substantial mixed-use buildings that feature retail/commercial/offices on the bottom floors. The problem is, those uses don't become viable until there is a critical mass of people living in those areas. It's like a chicken and egg thing or something. 

4 minutes ago, Nashvillain said:

I 100% agree with you about retail fronting Jefferson street. All the major thoroughfares/boulevards around downtown should have more substantial mixed-use buildings that feature retail/commercial/offices on the bottom floors. The problem is, those uses don't become viable until there is a critical mass of people living in those areas. It's like a chicken and egg thing or something. 

Yes...but they end up building structures without any way of later going back in and adding retail once the people are there.  Many times, they even build a wall around the structure.  No foresight. 

• Like 2