UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

It was listed in the Greenville Journal a few months ago that they were looking at the Woodruff Road area...unless that person got the idea from this web site and in that case we are just going in circles :wacko:

I don't think the Journal got that from here, because the only place I recall being rumored on this board was downtown/RiverPlace. And that was definitely more than a few months ago.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I remember our discussion being about RiverPlace. Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall the Journal saying something about it being rumored for the Point? I'd have to go back and read through the Journal Contents Thread to see if there's any mention or you can just do a search for "cheesecake factory" for the entire Greenville Forum and you'll see where it's been mentioned here.

I don't think the Journal got that from here, because the only place I recall being rumored on this board was downtown/RiverPlace. And that was definitely more than a few months ago.

Greenville Journal Contents for March 17.

Really big story on front page about South Financial. Some nice details in there. Mentioned they once wanted a second downtown tower, but it couldn't be done. Explains the incentives better.

Biz cover is a story on housing in the city. Interesting note about how 62 percent of city homes predate 1959.

A small story on part of Woolworth's building being sold.

TBA:

-- City Hall plaze revelopment may be back on the table.

-- CSX railine conversion starting

-- Expo Center gets funding

-- A little tidbit about Caterpillar: Talks about how that was rumored to be Pogo

-- Cheesecake Factory looking at Greenville.

Cool, It sort of has a "Shakey's" thing going on as far as the look. I have fond memories of the Shakey's on South Pleasantburg back in the 70's when I was a child.

I fondly remember that Shakey's, too. .. when we moved here from CA in 1976, it was one of the few familiar things that made us feel more at home.

(LOL, I also sneaked my first cigarette at a Shakey's Pizza, but not that one).

(edited... fat finger again)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New restaurant and bar coming to Fieldhouse at West End. Scheduled to open next Spring. More info: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...INESS/610050352

The menu looks like it has a good variety :)

http://www.tbonz.com/Ltap.asp?catID=1871

Oysters on the West End is open!! :yahoo: The patio is a true Charleston style patio. The outside dining area is larger than the inside and there is usually a live band playing...Very impressive

I was told by a guy at Quizno's that he heard the Lonestar on Congaree was going to be a Moroccan restaurant. I did a little research. Think it might be called Alladdin's Grille and Cafe. Take this info with a grain of salt.

Fact: The former Lonestar building was repainted white with some blue trim months ago.

Would a Moroccan restaurant take more of a middle eastern world look on both exterior and interior?

OH YEA! A Brazilian Steakhouse and a seafood restaurant are coming to the West End in redeveloped properties near West End Field. If you've never been to a Brazilian Steakhouse, then I'm sure you're in for a treat.

FULL STORY

American Apparel's loss is our culinary gain. :lol:

What are the chances that we could also some day get the new RIOZ Brazilian Steakhouse by TBonz?

• 4 weeks later...

There are times when I lose the will to dig through this mess.

Anybody else think it was easier to navigate and more user friendly when it was set-up as "Construction Threads" and then everything else (with certain threads pinned)? :unsure: Coffee House doesn't seem to be active, and the way the threads were split, it's a crap shoot as to which section you'll find any certain thread in. Thoughts?

I had originally envisioned the Coffee House as being for off-topic information (news, politics, etc.) that we could discuss with each other during slow times. I don't consider Greenville restaurants to be off-topic, as they are developments in themselves. I am also unsure what constitutes a Coffee House thread versus a thread on the main Greenville page.

For me, the draw of having a Greenville Coffee House was discussing off-topic stuff with you guys. I don't care to talk about those things with people I don't know from other forums (i.e., a global Coffee House with everyone on UP), but since we're family here I thought it might be fun to have a local place for it.

Thanks RT! :blush: There are times when I lose the will to dig through this mess. I did search for it here though. :rolleyes:

NP, Skyliner! I searched for it a few times before I found it, too. I kept looking past "UPDATE" thinking it was something else. :lol:

It has become a bit of a mess. I'd wouldn't mind helping clean it up a little...not anything major - just tying up loose ends in duplicate threads, etc. I had volunteered to Spartan to help with moderation for this very reason, but just for the Greenville/Upstate forums ONLY. He said they were looking for moderators, but needed people to moderate more than just local forums though. I'm afraid I don't have time for that.

Anybody else think it was easier to navigate and more user friendly when it was set-up as "Construction Threads" and then everything else (with certain threads pinned)? :unsure: Coffee House doesn't seem to be active, and the way the threads were split, it's a crap shoot as to which section you'll find any certain thread in. Thoughts?

I actually like the split between project/development discussion and off-topic (food, festivals, etc.) that's in place now. I just think we could clean threads up a bit and merge duplicate postings that discuss the same general topic a bit more. Granted, thread-merging could be tricky, I know...

The best thing all of us can do (especially newer forumers) is check thoroughly to see if something's already got a dedicated thread before posting a new one. I really think we have a thread for just about everything possible here so far. It's just a matter of using them when new information comes along.

As for the CONSTRUCTION Treads, it would be nice if they were all pinned or something - at least the current projects (McBee Station, RiverPlace, Fieldhouse, 98 East McBee, Pinnacle, etc.). That may not be necessary as long as they're updated often enough to keep them near the top and easy to find. If they're active projects, that should take care of itself. :thumbsup:

It has become a bit of a mess. I'd wouldn't mind helping clean it up a little...not anything major - just tying up loose ends in duplicate threads, etc. I had volunteered to Spartan to help with moderation for this very reason, but just for the Greenville/Upstate forums ONLY. He said they were looking for moderators, but needed people to moderate more than just local forums though. I'm afraid I don't have time for that.

RT, I went to bat for you a couple of times in the "not-too-distant" past, but my attempted persuasion was not effectually convicing. Sorry! :lol:

Archived