UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonderful! I'm so glad our music scene is growing and the entertainment scene, too! Ummm, Where's the old kinkaid's?

It was below street level in the 233 N Main Building. It last housed an El Cactus. Also it was the former location of Dempsey's and the lion statues that are now beside the Spinx on Washington St.

It was below street level in the 233 N Main Building. It last housed an El Cactus. Also it was the former location of Dempsey's and the lion statues that are now beside the Spinx on Washington St.

I certainly hope they break the cycle of the other, multiple places that have been there since Dempsey's. Dempsey's used to be awesome with the bands outside in the little courtyard. They had to stop that when the noise ordinance was passed and then shut down shortly afterwards. I thought it was a big loss.

Aladdin's Bar and Grill, which is definitely NOT your normal bar and grill is now open on Congaree Road where the old Lonestar steakhouse used to be. There was an advertisement in today's Greenville News for it.

Thanks for the tip that this place was open g-man!

Restaurant review here, as my partner and I checked out Aladdin's Saturday night. Must say I was very impressed. Three thumbs up! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The interior of the restaurant has three main areas....a bar area, a dining area with traditional Greek and a dining area that is true Morrocan style. We chose the Morrocan style. True to form, there are shelves for you to leave your shoes once you've removed them, prior to entering the Morrocan room. The room is ALL fabric....fabric walls, ceiling, low sofas with lots of throw pillows. Dim lighting, candles.

They serve a five course Morrocan meal (you pick the entree) that includes Harira, Maghreb salad, Bastilla and of course the sweetened mint tea. I choose a lamb dish, prepared in a tangine with olives. The food was EXCELLENT. The experience was relaxing. The price was on the expensive side.

I wasn't sure what to expect, considering this was an old Lone Star.....trust me, you would never guess once inside. The quality and level of detail was high. This place was done well, it's not just a fly by night. Seems this restaurant intends to be around for a while!

We've been to Morroco on vacation and I can say, once inside this restaurant, could not distinguish if I was in Morroco or Greenville. The only give away.....the wait staff. They still seemed a little green, but overall very nice. Great to see this kind of diversity in restaurants in Greenville!

• 2 weeks later...

All the Fazoli's in the Greenville area closed some time ago.

Unless it was being run by ghosts I ate at the one off of Congaree a few month's ago. The one at Cherrydale has been closed for about a year and is now occupied by Frodo's but I saw the one on Congaree open for some time afterwards. I really liked the concept of "italian" fast food but you have to admit you really can't eat most of that stuff in the car. I ate at Frodo's around Christmas time at Cherrydale and it seems to have lost some of it's "personality" after it moved into the new location.

Does anyone know why Fatz and Fazolis behind Aladin's closed for? Was gonna go to Fazolis for lunch the other day and it was closed.

Wow. I did not realize Fatz Cafe on Congaree was closed. :blink: Fazoli's closing was only a matter of time, although they seemed to do decent business when I was by there (rarely). My favorite item there was the original Submarino sandwich, surprisingly great for "fast food" Italian.

Archived