UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had originally envisioned the Coffee House as being for off-topic information (news, politics, etc.) that we could discuss with each other during slow times. I don't consider Greenville restaurants to be off-topic, as they are developments in themselves. I am also unsure what constitutes a Coffee House thread versus a thread on the main Greenville page.

For me, the draw of having a Greenville Coffee House was discussing off-topic stuff with you guys. I don't care to talk about those things with people I don't know from other forums (i.e., a global Coffee House with everyone on UP), but since we're family here I thought it might be fun to have a local place for it.

Thanks. Thats explains coffeehouse better. Maybe it just needs to be cleaned up.

As for the CONSTRUCTION Treads, it would be nice if they were all pinned or something - at least the current projects (McBee Station, RiverPlace, Fieldhouse, 98 East McBee, Pinnacle, etc.). That may not be necessary as long as they're updated often enough to keep them near the top and easy to find. If they're active projects, that should take care of itself. :thumbsup:

Good idea! :thumbsup:

Went with relatives to the Blue Fire Grill...

I'm guessing that I am not their target audience... but it just seemed very out of place. The place looks like a converted warehouse... both inside and out. I think its effect is lost when you consider that it is located in a brand new suburban building. Seems like it would have been a better fit for downtown.

As far as the food.. it was good, but expensive.

After going, I'm having a hard time invisioning a scenario in which I would end up going again. Seems like the kind of place to stop by after work... or maybe wine and dine a client. Both of which would require it being located within close proximity to a major employment source.

With that being said, the bathROOMs were different.

Went with relatives to the Blue Fire Grill...

I'm guessing that I am not their target audience... but it just seemed very out of place. The place looks like a converted warehouse... both inside and out. I think its effect is lost when you consider that it is located in a brand new suburban building. Seems like it would have been a better fit for downtown.

As far as the food.. it was good, but expensive.

After going, I'm having a hard time invisioning a scenario in which I would end up going again. Seems like the kind of place to stop by after work... or maybe wine and dine a client. Both of which would require it being located within close proximity to a major employment source.

With that being said, the bathROOMs were different.

On the bathrooms, great to see someone in Greenville has stepped it up a notch with unisex bathrooms, but the decor of the bathrooms doesn't match the slick contemporary decor of the restaurant. I agree at first it would seem more of a downtown fit, but then you think about the amount of business coming to ICAR, Millenium Campus, and South Financial campus.....it could be a good place for those businesses to take clients, that will showcase Greenville in a contemporary light. I think it says something positive for a metro when they start getting this type of restaurant in the suburbs (normally land of the chains), in addition to downtown.

• 2 weeks later...

Barberitos just opened on Pelham Road near Publix. Very similar to Moe's/Salsarita, I would place it somewhat better than Moe's, but not as good as Salsarita.

Barberitos is closed. IMO, if it had been street level, instead of up on the hill, it would have done better.

I was told by a guy at Quizno's that he heard the Lonestar on Congaree was going to be a Moroccan restaurant. I did a little research. Think it might be called Alladdin's Grille and Cafe. Take this info with a grain of salt.

Fact: The former Lonestar building was repainted white with some blue trim months ago.

Would a Moroccan restaurant take more of a middle eastern world look on both exterior and interior?

Looks like 'packtrent' was right. The name that just went up on the restaurant is indeed 'Aladdin's'. I still don't get the blue and white paint, though. Maybe the new owner is color blind??? :wacko: This might be their website: http://www.aladdinlbonpine.com/. Most of it doesn't work. Not encouraging.

And why did they close the 'Fatz' cafe right behind the old 'Lonestar'? Anybody know? I thought it did pretty good business at that location. Too close to the one on Woodruff Rd.? What was it before that? Wasn't it 'The Filling Station'?

• 4 weeks later...

How is Oysters on the West End? I haven't tried it yet.

I love the bar and bar area, but have been less than impressed with the food. It's tasty but the portion sizes are just pitiful. The fried green tomatoes and buffalo shrimp appetizers tasted great but you only get a few of them. The "bucket" of low country boil was a PLATE(!) with one piece of corn, a couple quarters of potatoes, a few thin slices of sausage. The portion of clams with the "bucket" was adequate. No self-respecting low-country restaurant would call the plate that they serve a bucket. For lunch, the tuna sandwich is GREAT as is the hamburger. On the other hand, the Po' Boy only has about 5-6 shrimp. Again, I am used to seeing Po' Boys with filling that is piled on there!

Hopefully they will get it together food-wise. Again, it's a fun bar, though!

^ They mix a great Bloody Mary! :thumbsup: The outdoor second floor deck is cool....neat view of Riverplace. The night I was there, it had a fun crowd.

On the food....a little better than average, but overall pretty average. I've never found an inland place that I think does seafood the way it should be.

I recently tried Brixx pizza at Greenridge for the first time, and found it to be okay. It was not the worst pizza I have ever had, but nowhere close to the best either. I found the crust to be a little too thin for my liking. The toppings were good, and the taste was satisfactory. One 10" pizza is about $7-8, and that was a good amount for me since the pizza is so thin. They aren't big enough to split, unless you aren't very hungry or have already eaten a salad/appetizer. I am not opposed to eating there again, but there are a ton of other pizza places I would choose before Brixx.

Mmm... I loooove Brixx! I really like their crust, and my boyfriend and I can easily split one pie and not feel hungry afterwards. Yum!

Since I grew up outside of Chicago I have not been happy with any kind of pizza around the area. Theres days when I sit down to eat the same boring "NY Style" pizza I beg the stars above for someone to open an authentic Chicago style pizza resturant up in the area. Im to the point I would drive a considerable distance to get a good piece. I've done the next day delivery from Lou Malnati's and Giordanos from Chicago but its not the same, and $60.00+ for delivery is kinda pricy.

Archived