UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

Since I grew up outside of Chicago I have not been happy with any kind of pizza around the area. Theres days when I sit down to eat the same boring "NY Style" pizza I beg the stars above for someone to open an authentic Chicago style pizza resturant up in the area. Im to the point I would drive a considerable distance to get a good piece. I've done the next day delivery from Lou Malnati's and Giordanos from Chicago but its not the same, and $60.00+ for delivery is kinda pricy.

Try a to go from Pizza factory in Mauldin (where Butler / Laurens cross). Not the truest sense of Chicago style, but close. Reminds me of Godfather's. As for a local 100% true Chiacgo style, I don't know of one.

If you try Pizza Factory, get it to go. The restaurant interior is questionable.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried the Pizza Factory before it wasnt that bad. I ordered a sausage pizza and the sausage tasted like breakfast sausage. :sick: I'm sure my trash can enjoyed it.

I agree, their sausage is odd.

I'd like to see one of the Chicago style pizza places where the sausage is like one large piece and forms it's own layer in the pizza. Yummmm! :wub:

On the plus side, we have some excellent New York style places.....Tito's comes to mind. :thumbsup:

I agree, their sausage is odd.

I'd like to see one of the Chicago style pizza places where the sausage is like one large piece and forms it's own layer in the pizza. Yummmm! :wub:

On the plus side, we have some excellent New York style places.....Tito's comes to mind. :thumbsup:

I really like Tito's too! :thumbsup:

Anyone else also enjoy Fox's Pizza Den near Thornblade in Greer (in the shopping center with Publix)? Their pizza is really good too. :)

How does Tito's compare to actual NY pizza?

A friend of mine swears up and down that no where around here can beat a true NY pizza. I guess my trip to NYC this weekend I'll be able to compare the two. ;)

My brother in law lives in manhattan so I'm up there fairly often. In my opinion Tito's is just as good as most anything you'll find in NYC.

My brother in law lives in manhattan so I'm up there fairly often. In my opinion Tito's is just as good as most anything you'll find in NYC.

I agree. Tito's is excellent. :thumbsup:

Also, anyone who hasn't tried Moretti's, should try them! The family moved here from Buffalo, I believe, and their pizza recipe has been passed down through the family for several generations. Excellent! :thumbsup:

I agree. Tito's is excellent.

Tito's is excellent, but Pizza City is really good, too. Several years ago, Tito and his wife Maria got out of the restaurant business and sold the name "Pizza City" (as Tito's used to be known) to the folks that now run Pizza City down the 'Burg from Tito's. Their success was so overwhelming that Tito decided to reopen the old shop.

^^^Never heard of Java Jolt before. I guess you must really get a jolt of energy though after you drink their java. :lol:

-Anybody know anything about when Ruth's Chris will start building their new location, because they signed a franchise agreement back in March of 2006 to build a location here: http://www.ruthschris.com/news/details.php?id=60 I'm guessing it will be either at Magnolia Park Town Center or somewhere near it.

There is a review of Papa Ougots on Upstate Food Pros

Click on Restaurant Reviews on the left side of the page

My wife and I ate at Ougot's for lunch today. Pebble Creek Pizza is our usual pizza place but Ougot's was good. We both enjoyed the food and the service was excellent. They had a much larger crowd for lunch than one would anticipate for a weekend and being where they are located at. The waiter talked with a lot of people like they were regulars.

Lunch specials include by the slice (2 + drink for 5.50) would be an excellent deal. We had the Numbas pizza (vegetarian) and thoroughly enjoyed it. We'll be going back for sure.

Not a restaurant, but Dogs On Wheels has competition, it appears. A new street vendor was out on North Main today selling hot dogs. I was hoping to see Chris' stand as well, but no luck.

Here is a shot where you can see the vendor:

NorthMainStreet_01.jpg

My wife and kids and I took a drive over to Chapel Hill/Durham yesterday. When we got back to Greenville, it was around 1:00am and this guy had a throng of people around his wagon buying and eating hot dogs. :shok: There were pedestrians everywhere walking along Beattie/College/Main, from what I could tell. People were even standing outside of the entrances to the Bi-Lo Center. What the heck was going on in Downtown Greenville last night?

Since I grew up outside of Chicago I have not been happy with any kind of pizza around the area. Theres days when I sit down to eat the same boring "NY Style" pizza I beg the stars above for someone to open an authentic Chicago style pizza resturant up in the area. Im to the point I would drive a considerable distance to get a good piece. I've done the next day delivery from Lou Malnati's and Giordanos from Chicago but its not the same, and $60.00+ for delivery is kinda pricy.

I've never had Chicago deep dish pizza before, but there is some wicked good pizza at Gourmet Pizza on Augusta. Check it out sometime. They also have killer wings

I've never had Chicago deep dish pizza before, but there is some wicked good pizza at Gourmet Pizza on Augusta. Check it out sometime. They also have killer wings

Perhaps the best pizza I have ever had came from an Uno Chicago Grill in Baltimore. They are credited with creating Chicago-style deep dish pizza. They have chains all over the place, but unfortunately not in Greenville yet. Perhaps we are on their radar...

My wife and kids and I took a drive over to Chapel Hill/Durham yesterday. When we got back to Greenville, it was around 1:00am and this guy had a throng of people around his wagon buying and eating hot dogs. :shok: There were pedestrians everywhere walking along Beattie/College/Main, from what I could tell. People were even standing outside of the entrances to the Bi-Lo Center. What the heck was going on in Downtown Greenville last night?

The hot dog stand is right outside of the Blu Martini so as people start leaving the bar to go home or whatever they stop by and get a hot dog. I know I got two before I left. Plus that area up there is where people from the bar go up to smoke so if they're hungry that's where they'll go.

The hot dog stand is right outside of the Blu Martini so as people start leaving the bar to go home or whatever they stop by and get a hot dog. I know I got two before I left. Plus that area up there is where people from the bar go up to smoke so if they're hungry that's where they'll go.

Reminds me of my bar days. We would head to Krystal at 4:00 in the morning. Nothing beats Krystal burgers after a night of heavy consumption. :D

Maybe someone should look into a Krystal franchise for downtown.

Perhaps the best pizza I have ever had came from an Uno Chicago Grill in Baltimore. They are credited with creating Chicago-style deep dish pizza. They have chains all over the place, but unfortunately not in Greenville yet. Perhaps we are on their radar...

I actually check into franchise info from UNO'S but it was way to steep for me. They also reqire that there be a certain amount of people in the area at a given time. I really wish one would open up around the area.

I actually check into franchise info from UNO'S but it was way to steep for me. They also reqire that there be a certain amount of people in the area at a given time. I really wish one would open up around the area.

We had several UNO's all over Orlando (some successful, some not). I loved to go to the one that used to be at Church Street Station after Magic and Solar Bear games back when I was a straving (and skinny) grad student. It's funny - when my wife and I went on our honeymoon to Cambridge/Boston, Mass., we were surrounded by restraunts we'd never heard of and lots of opportunities to try something new. Where did we go? UNO's on Porter Square in Cambridge. Nowadays, I can do without deep dish Chicago-style pizza. Still, it would be nice to have one in the area.

Archived