CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Pinnacle on Main

RestedTraveler

Gman has posted on another site, that everything looks good for this project, and should commence "in early July." Sounds like some good things happened for the project. No mention of any design or height changes, but sounds like this could be for real this time. We'll see, everyone keep your eyes open and your fingers crossed (but don't hold your breath, just in case :P )!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just go ahead and make it the Greenville tallest. Only needs another 66 feet added to it to top the Daniel building. I believe it is supposed to be 240 ft and the daniel building is 305 ft. It going to look impressive especially comming from Greer down 29. I always loved that angle of the skyline. Just imagine if they build that tower on the gateway site also. I guess we can only dream though for now.

This needs to happen soon. I think it will lend some momentum to other projects once The Pinnacle, The Peacock, Cityhall plaza, and the Court street projects get started.Realisticly all of these could be under construction at the same time. And don't forget about the Palmetto banks HQ.

• 3 weeks later...

There is an article in the Journal today about the building "being close" yet again. It doesn't give a date, but it says they have been in negotiations for about 6 months with tenants and they want 75% to be spoken for... Nothing new to report, just more official announcing of delays.

There is an article in the Journal today about the building "being close" yet again. It doesn't give a date, but it says they have been in negotiations for about 6 months with tenants and they want 75% to be spoken for... Nothing new to report, just more official announcing of delays.

Ive been telling everyone that a triangle employee said the developer didnt have the money to pay to start construction. This was about 4 months ago when i first heard this. They will say anything to keep theirselves from looking bad. Im sure ol Bob Ellis is a pretty slick talker if you catch my drift.

I usually avoid Main Street when driving, but I rode past "the Pinnacle" this weekend, and it is nothing but an eyesore. It has gone from functional parking lot to an orange disposable fence surrounding three foot tall weeds. There seemed to be such an urgency to remove the landscaping when things were "getting started." Maybe someone could give us an updated picture of the lot.

And, once again, there is no bank sign on the property, which makes it pretty easy to figure out that there is no funding for this project. Even strip shopping centers have bank construction signs.

I usually avoid Main Street when driving, but I rode past "the Pinnacle" this weekend, and it is nothing but an eyesore. It has gone from functional parking lot to an orange disposable fence surrounding three foot tall weeds. There seemed to be such an urgency to remove the landscaping when things were "getting started." Maybe someone could give us an updated picture of the lot.

And, once again, there is no bank sign on the property, which makes it pretty easy to figure out that there is no funding for this project. Even strip shopping centers have bank construction signs.

Archived