CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Pinnacle on Main

RestedTraveler

^^^It didn't even return to the terminal. It took off and crashed after take-off. How about that TAFAB? Boy, that was a sure winner along with the gateway site, 9-story building at Main and McBee, Peacock Hotel and Spa, etc. Be sure to check out the Asheville forum on here too. Developers there have proposed a 23-story building, while we can't even get a building here over 8 stories tall built. :blink:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although we have joked a lot about this project, I think it will start construction soon. Some people act like it will never happen, and I would be shocked at this point if it doesn't start rising soon. The false alarms are very disappointing, but it's going to be a great feeling when construction actually starts on this thing.

The big excuse that everyone keeps throwing around for the delay with this project is the structure - steel or concrete. Wouldn't the architect (Bob) have decided what type of structure to use before deciding to take the project public? It just doesn't make any sense.

My assumption is that the delays are really caused by the fact that no bank will take on financing the construction for the Pinnacle. If there were a bank associated with the project, you can be damn sure that there would be big "financing by" signs all over the site, or at least a bank logo next to the architect's logo and construction company's logo on the site sign. But hey, there is also the possibility that somebody forgot to update the sign since it's been there for so long. "Rising Soon" it promises, in faded black letters.

Well if you look back at what i posted about the person i knew that works for triangle you will see. He told me the money was not there to pay triangle construction or else they would still be there.

Well if this thing never gets built, it will probably become one of the biggest Greenville jokes of all time. That would really be very unfortunate for Mr Ellis, who has a good reputation here, and has worked diligently, and even thrown a formal groundbreaking party. Still doesn't make any sense why he would throw such a party, then, "oops, don't have the money," just a couple weeks later.

It would also be one of the biggest UP jokes ever; 39 pages and not a single brick or beam assembled :rolleyes:

Would somebody just please give me some good news regarding this project, like the building is delayed because they decided to increase the height to 30 stories or they saw a light pole being moved this morning.

I really need to think before I speak. This is something he wants all of you to hear. I didn't even tell him about putting a bank sign on site, so he obviously reads this forum-

Project has not been delayed because of steel or lack of a bank sign on site! There are multiple funding sources including investor groups, hedge funds, private and international funds, etc. There are some engineering issues which have delayed us for several weeks. At the same time we are altering some spaces internally due to investors desires which greatly affects the engineering as well. We had hope to have it all resolved and out for announcement by May 1, but it now appears to be May 10, or so. However, this date and time is being managed by third parties but ALL parties want it to be as soon as possible.

I just found out some interesting and potentially good news. Nobody has pulled out of the project and another reason it's delayed is due to the number of people that want in on the project, which has actually increased over the last several months. This is great news, especially if it's for office space, because that means these companies are starting to look at and locate downtown. :)

Archived