CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Pinnacle on Main

RestedTraveler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then again, it could simply be that a timetable hasn't yet been finalized. :lol: What I want to know is who went on the site and ripped out all of the foliage and busted up the curbs? I musta missed something while I was out of town...I'll go back through this thread and see if I can pick up on what I missed.

Then again, it could simply be that a timetable hasn't yet been finalized. :lol: What I want to know is who went on the site and ripped out all of the foliage and busted up the curbs? I musta missed something while I was out of town...I'll go back through this thread and see if I can pick up on what I missed.

originally after the groundbreaking ceremony, Triangle construction started doing some work on the site. Then all of a sudden, the work trucks disappeared and the rumors started. Thats when we were told that triangle had left because there was no money for construction. Believe what ya want, but they did work for about a week on the site. I know i saw a triangle truck there several days. Heres hoping that whatever the problem is with this project is worked out quickly. I wish Bob ellis the best because he seems to be the only developer with enough guts to build something bigger than 9 stories.

Maybe the groundbreaking was a marketing ploy. It really should have been called a pre-sales event. Then they tear a few shrubs down to make it look like work is starting and to get people excited but they still need to get more pre-sales before they can get their financing in place.

This update regarding the Pinnacle on Main is courtesy of g-man430:

Latest email from Bob Ellis on the Pinnacle on Main project-

Mr. Sharp:

You need to understand that no one is sitting around - certainly not me. I have been in this project from minute one and still am and you need to comprehend the amount of money expended thus far (Thousands won't cover it). A project of this type and composition is not a simple deal. It is all condos of different types which adds another element apart from anything else downtown. It is of a scale and proportion like nothing else here. It has features and components that are unique and in different block than current activity. We have been careful to orchestrate a mixed use that will work and will be an proud asset to downtown, not just another building. We are dealing with well -known and high-exposure people who move at their pace and not mine. Additionally, we are dealing with other issues not related to the building at all. I have expended a great deal of time, energy, emotions and money on this project and I am not on an ego trip or anything of personal gratification - that is not my nature. If you knew me or asked anyone who does, you would understand that I am not like that and my sincerity is genuine. No reason for anything otherwise. If anyone has the right to be impatient, it is me. But, I have to keep focused and move ahead and prove that it was worth the wait.

If you want me to give you a time and date, I cannot yet because of the parties involved and it is quite frustrating to set dates and schedules and others change them beyond my control. However, some are for very good reasons and this will all bear out. Keep in touch but do so with patience and understanding - I have to myself.

I don't know what he sent either, but I hope G-man sent Bob an apology. It's clear that he said something pretty unfair. I also hope that G-man doesn't present himself as representing general opinion on this or any other website.

G-man - if you are reading - I always appreciate your info. Even your speculation. It's easy though to forget that the players involved are real people, spending real money, taking real risks. Gotta be careful with any accusations.

I don't know what he sent either, but I hope G-man sent Bob an apology. It's clear that he said something pretty unfair. I also hope that G-man doesn't present himself as representing general opinion on this or any other website.

G-man - if you are reading - I always appreciate your info. Even your speculation. It's easy though to forget that the players involved are real people, spending real money, taking real risks. Gotta be careful with any accusations.

I think Mr. Ellis realizes that g-man doesn't represent any particular entity other than his own angst-filled curiosity.

Also, I have it on good authority that Mr. Ellis' retort was in response to other comments posted in this thread just as much as anything else.

It sounds as if Mr. Ellis is doing what he can and taking the time and money to make sure that his project is his project, and does not become a scaled-down version of it. After seeing the response to the Peacock's plans to downsize, I'm sure you will all agree that this is the right course of action.

It sounds as if Mr. Ellis is doing what he can and taking the time and money to make sure that his project is his project, and does not become a scaled-down version of it. After seeing the response to the Peacock's plans to downsize, I'm sure you will all agree that this is the right course of action.

G-man hinted on another site that Bob Ellis may be increasing the height of the Pinnacle. Take that with a grain of salt (g-man even said that he would need to contact Bob to verify it). I would be shocked if that were the case, but it would certainly be interesting if that happened...

G-man hinted on another site that Bob Ellis may be increasing the height of the Pinnacle. Take that with a grain of salt (g-man even said that he would need to contact Bob to verify it). I would be shocked if that were the case, but it would certainly be interesting if that happened...

Archived