1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

33 minutes ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

I did a bit of a search, trying to figure out why they do this with the holes. Below may provide some insight-

That was very interesting and now that I think about it I know that there are some caves of various sizes in the rock in this area.  In fact there was a pretty large one situated on a steep ravine right below the first house I owned in Nashville a few years ago.  It was also mentioned that there were older structures on the edge of the 1010 Church Street location where the old brick still exists and that's one area where I know that they've done a lot of digging and refilling.  Thanks for the info! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Armacing said:

So what does everyone think?  Will we see a 2nd crane raised and concrete poured for the tower before the end of 2023?

That's just over four weeks which isn't that much time so I don't think we'll see it that soon but hopefully in early 2024.  Of course I'd love to be proven wrong! 

• Like 1

Didn’t Tony G mention in a recent interview , that they were shooting for late November for vertical construction on the tower portion. I could be wrong of course, there’s still quite some projects to keep track of and they overlap in my mind sometimes. Anyway, we did have a few days of weather delays and logistics are not always an exact science. So fingers crossed that maybe we can still see at least the tower crane go up, that will be a great Christmas present!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Didn’t Tony G mention in a recent interview , that they were shooting for late November for vertical construction on the tower portion.

Oh, I didn't hear that, it sure could be true though!  Of course there's only three days left of November after today but maybe in December.  I'm wondering if they are feeling the pressure of having to open the new YMCA in the fall of next year and are putting most of their efforts into meeting that deadline.  I would agree that a second crane going up this year would be a wonderful Christmas present!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Armacing said:

So what does everyone think?  Will we see a 2nd crane raised and concrete poured for the tower before the end of 2023?

I'd venture to say a 2nd crane may not be put in until Jan/Feb 2024. I'd love to see it come in by Dec, but based on the pictures and timeline I've seen here posted, the development seems to be a bit behind schedule? 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be moving a bit slower along now.

I'm super optimistic the tower will be built as planned, but cautiously so.  Hoping Tony & Co. got their financing finished before summer, since rates are now through the roof and many commercial and residential developments are pausing in this current climate.

Excited to see this one rise up!! And hopefully we'll be about halfway up with steel by fall 2024. 

• Like 4