1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

Seems like there’s an extra amount of staging going on in the pit. Haven’t noticed that much supplies and equipment there for other floors, wonder if there’s more trades coming on board that are contributing to that? 

16 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

Wednesday afternoon, still working on the fifth floor.

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

Still on shadow hold?

To be fair, I don't necessarily blame him for being skeptical given Nashville's history with getting towers of this height out of the ground, and also just given the overall somewhat shaky office market, which could conceivably have a negative impact on residential tower projects like this.  What threw me a bit though was when he proclaimed that anyone who didn't share his skepticism were "grasping at straws," and the like... I mean they only just finished digging the hole within the past few months didn't they?  It's not like we're looking at some sort of West End Summit situation.   But anyway, I'm just happy to see this rolling along to the next stage.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

Still on shadow hold?

I would say we haven't seen any concrete poured yet, but I don't want to jinx it because nobody wants this tower to rise more than me.  It's just that I was burned by the signature tower debacle and there's no denying that this tower could have been much further along by now if they had not been slow-walking the construction process.  I hope it rises as fast as possible, but the fear is real!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

Folks have a tendency to let pessimism rule their thought process. It's easy to go down that road in today's day and age.

But so glad this one is gonna truly get built!

Pessimism aside, I still find your "explanation" for why they filled the holes with gravel severely lacking.  That text you dredged up about using gravel to stabilize the foundation is completely irrelevant to the building conditions in Nashville where practically every tall tower is built directly on top of bedrock.   We may never know the real reason why they re-filled the holes, but if they did so knowing that they were going to start construction soon, it must have been a safety precaution or to create a staging platform for materials used on the YMCA portion of the project.  As far as I recall, we have not seen the foundation holes re-filled with gravel on any other recent projects.   I'm just saying there is a difference between unfounded pessimism and pessimism based on legitimate observations of unfavorable indicators.

If any of you guys on the ground are down there asking the construction crews when the tower will start, please ask them about the gravel filled holes so we can all learn the truth behind this anomaly.

20 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

Alternate theory: 

You don't know what you're talking about. 

It's one thing to be skeptical. It's another to talk with authority like you actually know what is going on. 

If you want to challenge any of the points I made in previous posts, then why don 't you do it Mr. Expert?

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 8:32 AM, smeagolsfree said:

I think that with all of the financing in place, the lenders will demand that the project be held to the timeline set in place by the developer now with the completion date of 2027. This means they will have to start in the next month pouring concrete to get the building topped out within two years as we discussed at the meeting yesterday. 

Armicing, if you will drag you rear end to the meets like you used to do from the outer dwarf planet of Sedna years ago you would at least get into the conversation. I did you a favor by getting you unbanned and reinstated onto the board so at least show some respect please.

Also, Kevin, please play nice.

Man I love forums. Social media just doesn't deliver the years-long popcorn-ready back-and-forth that forums do. 🍿

Also is 1010 Church the final name? It's a fun callback to 505 but feels a little uninspired for a new tallest.

• Like 2