1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

This is by no mean an informed statement, but could it be possible that they top out the YMCA structure and just move the tower crane over? Someone who looks at the FAA encroachments may have a better understanding, but with the YMCA only being as tall as the tower's podium, it could be possible that we don't see the tower crane for tower until after the YMCA's crane comes down. FAA may only state that their will be two encroachments at the site, it may not list if they are concurrent to one another though. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Edgefield D said:

I talked to the manager at the Y the other night when I was there. She was telling me that they are assured that the new portion will be open sometime in September. I told her I was afraid they were behind on their timeline. She said they WERE set back a little when they dug too far down and then hit the building. It happened around 8:30 during the week when they were open. The only way into the Y right now is through the garage. You take the elevators to the second floor and it dumps you into a lobby with a desk. There used to be a cabinet running along the outside wall (next to the construction). She said that when they hit the wall the coffee went flying and there was a huge crack in the wall (I had wondered what happened to the coffee). She said they have been making up time though and they for sure will open in September. Just thought I would pass that along. 

Wow, didn’t realize that happened.   Someone’s insurance will have to pay for that.  

I don’t see any scenario that has the new portion opening in September.    Maybe Sept. ‘25.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Edgefield D said:

I talked to the manager at the Y the other night when I was there. She was telling me that they are assured that the new portion will be open sometime in September. I told her I was afraid they were behind on their timeline. She said they WERE set back a little when they dug too far down and then hit the building. It happened around 8:30 during the week when they were open. The only way into the Y right now is through the garage. You take the elevators to the second floor and it dumps you into a lobby with a desk. There used to be a cabinet running along the outside wall (next to the construction). She said that when they hit the wall the coffee went flying and there was a huge crack in the wall (I had wondered what happened to the coffee). She said they have been making up time though and they for sure will open in September. Just thought I would pass that along. 

September 2025.

• Like 3

After pondering about this a bit, the Y portion being only 7 stories should top out by the end of March -early April ish. If they go with the exposed industrial look as most gyms do, build out shouldn’t really take that long. I’m not sure September of this year, but it can be possible by the end of year.

• Like 4