Looking NW from intersection of Church St. and 9th Ave. North:

Alcove, April 23, 2023, 6.jpeg

Looking NE from Asurion Plaza:

Alcove, April 23, 2023, 7.jpeg

Stunning

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

16 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

That pool scares the hell out of me! I just can’t trust glass to protect me from a 30 story free fall. 

You know, up until this very moment, I haven't stopped to really think about this.  I've seen many references to "pools of death" on the board, yet I never thought about it.  If that glass breaks, that water will do exactly what water does...every time: seek the lowest level.  And if you're IN that water...oh my...

Edited by nashville born

51 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Is it really glass, or acrylic/lucite? The latter is much stronger and doesn't shatter like glass. I sure hope that was considered in the design. 

That’s a good viable question, and you’re most likely correct that it’s not real glass. But regardless of materials, it’s still a pool hanging out over a 30 story drop! Yes it’s cool, and most likely well constructed and engineered. But with the blasting that takes place Downtown and the fact that water has a lot of weight and pressure of it’s own, I’ll pass on this one 😁

• 3 weeks later...