133 KVB (two 49 story towers of 574’ & 512’ featuring condos, apartments, hotel, ground level retail, public park & 8 levels of parking)

Paramount747

34 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

EXACTLY.  I honestly don't understand the obsession some people have with supertalls.  I think Nashville's skyline is developing nicely and has some buildings with interesting designs going up.  I'd rather see more infill than a gangly supertall.  OKC's skyline is just goofy.

In the case of Paris, even with Europe's largest business district just outside the city in La Défense, where 180,000 people work, there's not a single supertall among the collection of skyscrapers.

I agree with much of what you're saying, I've been to Paris a couple of times and it's spectacular but it's very different than any American city because it has such a long history and is filled with beautiful and unique architecture everywhere you look.  However, the Eiffel Tower is about a thousand feet tall which would be considered a supertall and it's centrally located in Paris.  Nobody says that its height is out of place with the much shorter architecture around it, it blends in beautifully!  Of course it's a very unique structure and not a building but I don't think it's fair to say that a thousand foot structure will always look out of place if it's the only tall thing in the area.  I do agree that the Montparnasse tower doesn't fit in at all and I know that the locals hate it.  

For myself, I think that the OKC skyline looks great just because of that one tall building which I feel is very sleek and attractive and without it the skyline would look mediocre at best.  Nashville already has quite a few tall buildings and a supertall would blend right in as far as I'm concerned.  I realize that we won't be getting one due to the FAA so I'll have to be content with a 750 footer.  I'll be the first to admit that I have an "obsession" as you called it with supertalls but I'm not the only one!  Do you really think that you'd have all of these people on this forum if there wasn't a significant interest in tall skyscrapers?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 10:25 PM, TNinVB said:

I can’t wait to see the final design. We can still dream about this one. At least it appears that we will  get the one podium two tower design.  

IMG_9496.jpeg

IMG_9497.jpeg

IMG_9498.jpeg

Sorry I’m a little late to this, but I was out of the country for a bit and I’m just catching up. As to these renderings, I would love to see some developer buy the rights to build this awesome project someplace in Nashville, be it in the CBD or the East Bank ! It would be a great addition to our skyline.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2023 at 1:15 PM, Luvemtall said:

Sorry I’m a little late to this, but I was out of the country for a bit and I’m just catching up. As to these renderings, I would love to see some developer buy the rights to build this awesome project someplace in Nashville, be it in the CBD or the East Bank ! It would be a great addition to our skyline.

If only if this was the design it would be very cool for the city 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...