133 KVB (two 49 story towers of 574’ & 512’ featuring condos, apartments, hotel, ground level retail, public park & 8 levels of parking)

Paramount747

27 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Not too shabby. I find it very unfortunate though that the development essentially turns its back on 2nd Ave. I think the designs of the Congress Group and Centrum projects do a better job breaking up the site to allow for people to traverse the site rather than just one side of it. Centrum's and Congress groups project will bring activity to 2nd Ave that will inherently slow down traffic, this proposal essentially allows it to speed back up because there really isn't any activity. 

Existing pedestrian flow

image.thumb.png.e9f6e73c17043a59fed405639a1923d6.png

Proposed Pedestrian flow

image.thumb.png.4acf20e3dc57f8a9217f85c65a75c2b5.png

I would prefer they find a way to connect

image.thumb.png.4deec590718aa7c5707e4032a00cdddd.png

I worry we will get another Four Seasons, blank wall along 2nd avenue. Only this time there are three vehicular entrances on a slope.
image.png

I love this! I hope there's lots of commercial activation along 2nd (and KVB & Peabody). When I saw the public park in the site renderings, I had forgotten how much park space will go in the adjacent developments. And then it should continue all through Sobro.  I doubt the City Lights people appreciate that things could be a lot worse with what's presently allowed by zoning. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

Not too shabby. I find it very unfortunate though that the development essentially turns its back on 2nd Ave. I think the designs of the Congress Group and Centrum projects do a better job breaking up the site to allow for people to traverse the site rather than just one side of it. Centrum's and Congress groups project will bring activity to 2nd Ave that will inherently slow down traffic, this proposal essentially allows it to speed back up because there really isn't any activity. 

I worry we will get another Four Seasons, blank wall along 2nd avenue. Only this time there are three vehicular entrances on a slope

3 garage entrances/curb cuts on one block isn't great. I guess developers have decided that 2nd ave is a car sewer but the 3 lanes of high speed commuter traffic kind of backs that up

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Argo said:

If this actually gets started, wonder if the people behind 800 Lea no longer feel the need for the Ritz Carlton to begin in order to get started.

Yeah, I say Giarratana should start the construction process with 800 Lea. 

The development team behind the Ritz cannot get it off the ground, seemingly, so I think they should withdraw and let an experienced development team actually get the Ritz Carlton built. Enough stalling and waiting and struggling for financing, ya know? 

And the 800 Lea team should go full steam ahead! That is SUCH a cool designed skyscraper.

• Like 3

Is there any reason that a large amount of public green spaces are being emphasized for the large tower developments in this area? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I just notice that this project, the Park Place development, and the Cumulus Radio site project all feature more or less the same basic layout with large areas of green space surrounding taller skyscrapers. There's not some kind of design overlay dictating that is there?

• Like 2