Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

Do any of the airlines offer non-stop flights from BNA to Cancun (CAN), Los Cabos (SJD) or Puerto Vallarta (PVR)?   SW currently offers non-stop flights to Cancun from BWI.  About year or so ago it was mentioned that they were looking to offer direct flights to PVR and SJD.  That still hasn't materialized.

1 hour ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Do any of the airlines offer non-stop flights from BNA to Cancun (CAN), Los Cabos (SJD) or Puerto Vallarta (PVR)?   SW currently offers non-stop flights to Cancun from BWI.  About year or so ago it was mentioned that they were looking to offer direct flights to PVR and SJD.  That still hasn't materialized.

I think a couple of airlines offer seasonal flights to Cancun. I flew directly there on Delta a few years back on my way to Isla Mujeres. 

1 hour ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Southwest has a direct to Cancun on Saturday and Sunday. I believe I heard they were going to start a daily nonstop at some point. My wife and I were down there over Thanksgiving. We had one stop on the way there and a direct home. 

Edited by DMilner
  • Like 1

Not sure when exactly this year it's starting, but I know that Southwest is going to be doing daily non-stop flights to Cancun. I've got Thursday and Wednesday flights booked through them direct to Cancun in early March so they'll at least be in service by then.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think they had a ground stop on Monday for a while due to the weather. I am unsure how long it lasted.

Just a few hours.

On 1/16/2024 at 7:26 PM, Sean blackdog said:

Today this morning from Sky5. 

IMG_1376.jpeg

It's still borderline baffling to me how, when comparing two capitol cities in Nashville and Columbus, their airports are so vastly incomparable in terms of size, amenities, and overall experience. Considering the MSAs are approximately the same size, and sports are about equal, and Columbus has an edge in terms of corporate presence; it gets the incredibly demure CMH. Just goes to show how much tourism influences things.   

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dmillsphoto said:

Just a few hours.

It's still borderline baffling to me how, when comparing two capitol cities in Nashville and Columbus, their airports are so vastly incomparable in terms of size, amenities, and overall experience. Considering the MSAs are approximately the same size, and sports are about equal, and Columbus has an edge in terms of corporate presence; it gets the incredibly demure CMH. Just goes to show how much tourism influences things.   

I know you made your assessment based on MSA stats, which makes sense for comparison purposes.  From a general perspective, the airport that shocked me the most was Jacksonville, FL.  with only 20 gates.   Considering that it is one of the major cities in Florida and has a decent tourism market, I just thought it would be larger than what it is.  I know people who live in the DC, MD, VA area who are from Jacksonville and they will fly into Orlando and drive  2 hours to Jacksonville to avoid connecting flights that can extend their travel time by 2-3 hours.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

I know you made your assessment based on MSA stats, which makes sense for comparison purposes.  From a general perspective, the airport that shocked me the most was Jacksonville, FL.  with only 20 gates.   Considering that it is one of the major cities in Florida and has a decent tourism market, I just thought it would be larger than what it is.  I know people who live in the DC, MD, VA area who are from Jacksonville and they will fly into Orlando and drive  2 hours to Jacksonville to avoid connecting flights that can extend their travel time by 2-3 hours.

meh on jacksonville 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, PillowTalk4 said:

jacksonville.gif

• Haha 2

Update from BNA. 
Cut and add flights. :shok:

NY-LaGuardia cut by JetBlue Airways. 

-NY-LaGuardia add by Spirit Airlines start in April 10th. 7x weeks. 
-Dallas, TX add by Frontier Airlines start in April 21st. 4x weeks. 
Nonstop service will be available four times a week, with fares beginning at $19. The direct flights will operate on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, according to Frontier’s website.

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Frontier Airlines has another discounted summer flight on the docket. Four-day service from the Nashville International Airport to Dallas begins in April and the introductory clearance sale makes tickets as low as $19. This is now one of 50 Frontier connections out of Nashville.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Frontier Airlines has another discounted summer flight on the docket. Four-day service from the Nashville International Airport to Dallas begins in April and the introductory clearance sale makes tickets as low as $19. This is now one of 50 Frontier connections out of Nashville.

That’s good news in some regards, but that bargain price has me putting up a red flag. They can’t even pay for the fuel for that flight with that , never mind any maintenance! Scary stuff, if you ask me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

That’s good news in some regards, but that bargain price has me putting up a red flag. They can’t even pay for the fuel for that flight with that , never mind any maintenance! Scary stuff, if you ask me.

You have to read the fine print!  Everyone who purchases a bargain ticket has to stack ten high on each other's laps inside each toilet.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

So why the big jump in United AIrlines passengers? New routes? United is the last airline I think of when travelling anywhere in the South, and I will do everything possible to avoid American Airlines. 

They have significantly, and I mean that STRONGLY usually conservative UA, upgauged aircraft to far more mainline than regional jets, as well as frequencies. UA used to fly very few mainline aircraft but that's changed big time in just the last 5 years. It's pretty impressive they've more than doubled and done it practically quietly.

Of course that is not what fully flies on the UA flag as regional partners operate on their behalf, but the "UNITED" in that report is strictly the mainline aircraft.

Edited by NashRugger
  • Like 3

Another week, another new (international) airline and route for Raleigh/Durham. RDU's air service developments over the past years have been exceptional, and the next big one is this coming Monday:

this is being reported by Irshrion Aviation twitter this could be announcement of  Aer Lingus service.   Monday Feb. 5 announcement.   Only posting here too as Nashville was mentioned for service by Aer Lingus too. 

https://twitter.com/WeatherWes/status/1753089954891158011/photo/1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2024 at 8:41 PM, KJHburg said:

Another week, another new (international) airline and route for Raleigh/Durham. RDU's air service developments over the past years have been exceptional, and the next big one is this coming Monday:

this is being reported by Irshrion Aviation twitter this could be announcement of  Aer Lingus service.   Monday Feb. 5 announcement.   Only posting here too as Nashville was mentioned for service by Aer Lingus too. 

https://twitter.com/WeatherWes/status/1753089954891158011/photo/1

I was wrong.  It is Copa Airlines new nonstop from RDU to Panama City Panama to their hub there.  Their 7th international flagged airline. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2