Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

On 9/21/2023 at 4:32 PM, Nothingspectacular said:

Let’s hope the MNAA has a “surprise”  or “special” announcement about new international service in conjunction with the opening of the new International gates and facilities next week.  Otherwise it’s a huge embarrassment for BNA. 

Nah.  We already have the London flight and a handful of other small time international flights.  They will use it for domestic flights too.   We'll be alright.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

With the opening of the new international facility, BNA officials revealed that they're working to bring six new international destinations:  Amsterdam, Dublin, Frankfurt, Panama City, Paris, and Reykjavik, in addition to additional Caribbean destinations.

“BNA® continues to have frequent discussions with various carriers regarding non-stop service to major European gateways, such as Paris, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam,” the statement said. “We are also engaged in conversations for other popular international destinations like Dublin (Ireland), Reykjavík (Iceland), and Panama City (Panama), as well as additional service to the Caribbean.”

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/nashville/international-facility-to-open-at-bna-as-airport-reveals-6-new-potential-destinations/

Wow! That would be great. I’m not a big fan of BA, even in business class, and I hate transferring through LHR.

3 hours ago, NashRugger said:

So, basically standard talk with not a lot of substance to it. A slew of other airports could say the same thing about pursuing these said airports. 

Yeah...I had the same thought. It's equally possible that this is just boilerplate marketing language, destinations that MNAA planners would like to have on the books, as it is derived from any real discussions they've had with airlines that would service the destinations. I'd love to see flights to Europe and Central America, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

On 9/22/2023 at 8:07 PM, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening from….. 

https://simpleflying.com/southwest-airlines-largest-us-domestic-carrier/

BNA- 640,000 departing seats and 53% of the airport’s domestic capacity. 

IMG_8771.jpeg

That chart was breaking my brain until I realized they had bars for -10 to -30% on the right for some odd reason.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Yesterday evening. :camera:
Virgin Atlantic Airbus a350-1000 takeoff to London.

Baltimore Ravens at Tennessee Titans in London. 

IMG_9342.jpeg

IMG_9362.jpeg

IMG_9381.jpeg

Please tell me that doesn't count as one of the Titans eight home games... because if so, that is incredibly lame.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this morning from……

https://thepointsguy.com/news/southwest-airlines-30-new-routes-florida-flights-schedule-extension/

Nashville International Airport (BNA)

• Bozeman, Montana: Begins June 8. Seasonal, Saturdays only.
  •  
  • Grand Rapids, Michigan: Begins June 8. Seasonal, Saturday and Sundays only.
  •  
  • Ontario, California: Daily service begins June 4. Restores previously operated route.
  •  
  • Sacramento: Daily service begins June 4. Restores previously operated route.

Two airlines flying between BNA and Bozeman?  Is there really that much demand, or is SW just trying to wipe out Allegiant?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Two airlines flying between BNA and Bozeman?  Is there really that much demand, or is SW just trying to wipe out Allegiant?

Southwest trying to force Allegiant out, which shouldn't be that hard given their heavy frequent flyer numbers locally alone and ability to connect. I'd expect to see a price war go on with this route. 

8 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Both Seasonal. 
Allegiant Monday and Friday. 
Southwest Saturday only. 

The prices don't even seem competitive vs. American Airlines with what I'm seeing for our Yellowstone trip next June. Flying out on a Friday and back on a Saturday. Even if I were to change to Sat - Sat it still doesn't make sense. Kind of far out though so will continue to keep an eye on it, though I also expect AA prices to drop over the next few months as well.