Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/26/2024 at 7:23 AM, Sean blackdog said:

Breaking News.  
February 23rd. 
JSX jet service stops Nashville flights after June launch. :shok:
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/EwtrHXxnmUxwBPie/?mibextid=WC7FNe

IMG_2555.jpeg

Not super surprising...This is the second charter carrier to shut down recently (after Red Way). They have a weird business model that leverages charter carrier rules that allows them to operate like a scheduled operator, but still skirt rules on pilot training and qualifications. JSX appeared to be trying to focus on the luxury travel segment, marketing their flights more like private jet flights than an airline.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like they actually stopped service back in January. They were around for even shorter of a time than I thought they'd be.

Edited by Nathan_in_DC

There was a tragic general aviation plane crash tonight, along I-40  East in West Nashville, behind Costco. The eastbound lanes of I-40 were completely shut down Monday night. It does not appear that there were any survivors.

Flight tracking data: https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/CFBWH/history/20240305/0019Z

News coverage: https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/nashville/plane-crash-reported-near-i-40-east-in-west-nashville/

Video from passerby before emergency crews arrived: l7zuhzdtjfmc1

Needless to say, this is an extremely sad situation. I’m sure there will be a thorough investigation, but tonight our prayers are with the victims’ families.

Edited by go_outside
  • Sad 10

Update……

New Pacific Airlines Ends Scheduled Flights, Shifts To Charters

• Ben Schlappig 7 hours ago 11 

New Pacific Airlines, formerly known as Northern Pacific Airways, is the strangest airline currently operating in the United States. While the airline was initially supposed to fly from Alaska to Asia, for the past several months it has instead been flying nearly empty planes from Ontario to Reno and Nashville… as one does.

@IshrionA reports on how there’s now a major update, as New Pacific Airlines is discontinuing scheduled flights, and is instead shifting its focus to charters.

In this post:

• New Pacific Airlines cuts Nashville & Reno flights
  • New Pacific Airlines will now focus on charter flights
  • Bottom line

New Pacific Airlines cuts Nashville & Reno flights

For some background, in the summer of 2023, New Pacific Airlines (at the time known as Northern Pacific Airways) operated a single route 3x weekly, between Ontario (ONT) and Las Vegas (LAS). That route was cut as of December 2023. At that point the airline launched two new routes, and for the past several months has been flying:

• 2x weekly between Ontario (ONT) and Reno (RNO)
  • 2x weekly between Ontario (ONT) and Nashville (BNA)

The airline has now cut these routes as well. As of March 21, 2024, New Pacific cut its Reno flights, while as of April 5, 2024, New Pacific will cut its Nashville flights. That will mark the end of regularly scheduled passenger service for the airline, at least for now.

Everything about this situation is just bizarre. As a reminder, the airline initially planned to fly from Anchorage to Tokyo, Osaka, and Seoul, but ended up flying from Anchorage to Las Vegas, Nashville, and Reno. Talk about a pivot!

I just don’t understand what the company’s management was even thinking with launching those routes. The flights were consistently nearly empty, so if you’re going to fly a plane with the goal of minimizing losses, those don’t seem like the routes that you’d add.

New Pacific Airlines claims that it still intends to finally launch transpacific flights in 2024, though there’s no obvious progress with that actually happening. Meanwhile Ravn Alaska, the carrier’s parent company, is in the process of restructuring, and has been laying off staff.

New Pacific Airlines is ending scheduled flights

New Pacific Airlines will now focus on charter flights

Even though New Pacific Airlines is ending scheduled passenger service, the airline claims that it’s not going out of business. Instead, the airline will be offering charter services, in partnership with Elevation Aviation Group. I mean, I don’t even know what to make of the press release about this, which starts with:

New Pacific Airlines, a leading airline based in Anchorage, Alaska, is pleased to announce a strategic and exclusive partnership with Miami Beach, Florida based, Elevate Aviation Group, a renowned private aviation services provider.

I’m sorry, but by what metric is New Pacific Airlines a leading airline? The only metric I can think of is that the airline is leading with the lowest load factor of any scheduled airline in the United States.

Then the press release continues as follows:

The exclusive relationship between New Pacific Airlines and Elevate Aviation Group is poised to redefine the landscape of private aviation, offering unparalleled access, flexibility, and luxury to discerning travelers. This partnership brings together the expertise and resources of two industry leaders, reinforcing their commitment to delivering exceptional experiences for clients around the world.

New Pacific Airlines is redefining the landscape of private aviation and is offering “luxury to discerning travelers” with its old, former American Boeing 757s? Guys, this isn’t the Qatar Executive fleet…

Here’s how New Pacific Airlines CEO Rob McKinney describes the partnership:

“At New Pacific Airlines, we are dedicated to redefining the standards of aviation services. Our partnership with Elevate Aviation Group is a testament to our commitment to providing unparalleled travel experiences. Together, we will set new benchmarks for excellence in the private aviation sector.”

Talk about fluff, eh?

New Pacific Airlines Boeing 757 cabin

Bottom line

As of early April 2024, New Pacific Airlines is completely discontinuing regularly scheduled flights. The airline has already cut its Ontario to Reno service, and will shortly be cutting its Ontario to Nashville service. Keep in mind that this is the airline that initially wanted to connect Anchorage with Asia.

New Pacific Airlines claims it will now be focusing on charter flights instead. However, with parent company Ravn Alaska restructuring, one has to wonder how much longer this airline can be sustained. I still can’t wrap my head around how the airline has been so poorly run…:cry:

• Confused 1