Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

On 4/13/2024 at 9:55 PM, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening. :camera:
British Airways Boeing 777-200ER continue until Oct. 26th. 
Boeing 787 will return to BNA on Oct. 27th. 

So going back to the smaller aircraft again. Do we think (or anyone know) if the intent is to fly the larger aircraft during the summer months and the smaller aircraft during the colder months? 

4 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this afternoon from Facebook. 

Travel just keeps getting better at BNA! Southwest just announced new nonstop service to Cincinnati, OH (CVG), Greenville-Spartanburg, SC (GSP) and Richmond, VA (RIC))- also served by Allegiant® Air at BNA. The new daily routes will start June 4. Your summer vacay start here! ✈️

IMG_3924.jpeg

Assuming the airport's Wikipedia page is correct, this will give Southwest 75 nonstop destinations out of BNA.  That's pretty impressive.

• Like 2

I just stick to driving period to avoid the hassle of flying. The prices have gone out of site as well as the car rental prices, and I am good with driving to get to my destination. I do not do international travel, so screw they airlines as the nickel and dime you for everything. I am a fair-weather traveler so I do not have to worry about getting stuck in blizzards and if it is pouring, I will just stop and get a hotel if need be.  That is the advantage of having a flex job or not really having to work at all. 

I watch my money and when I am ready for a trip I go. If I decide I want to go to California or the Pacific NW. I may just do it but right now my goal is to take two trip this year.  One out west into the Utah area and the other probably to Milwaukee and Minneapolis. Not flying to either after looking at the prices and the time involved.

Flying now is literally and figurately for the birds as the drama is too much for me. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bnacincy said:

It takes about 4.5 hours for me to get from suburban Cincinnati to my brother's house in Williamson Co. It would take about that long to drive to CVG 90 minutes before departure, then about a 45 minute flight then maybe 5-10 minute taxi to the gate, then about 20 minutes or so picking up checked luggage then my brother picking me up and fighting the traffic from Donelson to Brentwood.

I might just stick to driving it....it's more scenic that way!

I'd wager this is more to offer additional connecting flights out of CVG and for business traffic between the two. It seems that Nashville is going to end up being quite a large station for Southwest once the airport expansion is done. 

• Like 4