Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

On 10/27/2023 at 8:31 AM, glamdring269 said:

The prices don't even seem competitive vs. American Airlines with what I'm seeing for our Yellowstone trip next June. Flying out on a Friday and back on a Saturday. Even if I were to change to Sat - Sat it still doesn't make sense. Kind of far out though so will continue to keep an eye on it, though I also expect AA prices to drop over the next few months as well.

I just did a random weekend in February for BNA-BZN, Kayak shows fares around $350 on United, $390 on Southwest, and $120 on Allegiant. You can buy 3 seats on Allegiant for the price of 1 on a Legacy or on Southwest.

Southwest likes to advertise how cheap their fares are, but if you're not worried about trying to check a bag or make changes then there's often not much of a reason to fly them unless you're looking for a specific direct route not served by other airlines or you can get lucky with a fare sale. On my most travelled route (DCA-BNA), Southwest is rarely the most economical choice. I usually just fly American.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening from Facebook……

Our Satellite Concourse is OPEN! Serving primarily Allegiant Air and Spirit Airlines, passengers can get to over 40 nonstop destinations via our Satellite Concourse. This is your sign to finalize your next travel plans!

IMG_9924.jpeg

Woo boy... I can't wait to take me a two week vacation in Fort Leonard Wood, Provo or Appleton!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

If they have a flight between BNA and Jackson Wyoming, that would be the one I think that would be a winner for Yellowstone. Bozman would be better for Glacier NP. When I flew up there, I had to fly through Dallas.

Yellowstone and the Tetons. And Jackson itself.

I would commit murder to get a flight to Jackson. It's extremely unlikely it will happen.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening from ……..

https://simpleflying.com/westjet-adds-4-us-routes-summer-2024/

WS1420 departs YEG at 9:35am and arrive at Nashville International Airport (BNA) at 2:24pm.
WS1421 departs BNA at 3:15p and arrive Edmonton at 6:29pm. 
Thursday and Sunday only.

IMG_0125.png

I flew WestJet one way from Halifax, NS direct to London after disembarking from a Royal Navy ship there and getting a flight back to the UK. Only time I've ever flown WestJet but it was a good experience, glad to see they're expanding ops at BNA!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Just curious... has there ever been a daily to PDX from BNA? 

Not that I can find. Southwest announced it to fly in 2020 but obviously we know what happened.

Alaska jumping is a good thing with them expanding more options and also capturing those fellow OneWorld FFs that are growing in numbers in the area. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this morning from….. 

https://news.alaskaair.com/alaska-airlines/alaska-airlines-adds-new-portland-nashville-nonstop-route/?fbclid=PAAabzSWP25nmk9rOR76bFzJAEa-FDRASGtsnFY_8UDAR9ImPlv3VYaKOmSjs_aem_ASQ0JbK9Vet29lF0sFD70Nm-TDFRqjDoWL0cD9bR_58vmUOayq2-g42rZhqoFVMI_eg

Our daily, year-round flights start on March 14, 2024. 

Route  Departs  Arrives  Frequency  Aircraft 
Portland – Nashville  9:00 a.m.  3:20 p.m.  Daily  737 
Nashville – Portland  4:25 p.m.  7:35 p.m.  Daily  737 

IMG_0149.jpeg

Finally!  That has always been one of the major domestic destinations missing from BNA.  

• Like 4

Today this morning from…..

https://thepointsguy.com/news/allegiant-air-new-routes-orlando-nonstop-flights/

The new route to Nashville International Airport (BNA) in Tennessee includes: 

• Rockford, Illinois via Chicago Rockford International Airport (RFD) – beginning May 16, 2024 with one-way fares as low as $49.*

IMG_0361.jpeg

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 3