Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

You have the same issue with the new apartments on Rosa parks across form the Farmers Market. That lot along with the buildings that were torn down flooded and the levee didn't even fail for those to flood.  I think as long as ground level is parking they should be OK. Remember the folks in New Orleans have to deal with that every time it rains. Not being critical here, I am sort of with you. That's why I live about 300 feet higher than the Cumberland. I just have the wind to deal with. :shok:

Looks nice and tidy.  I'll certainly take that design, especially since it still addresses both Demonbreun and 11th.  I will say though that I like the old design much better, even if it were a bit shorter.  I felt that it had a far more unique and modern look to it.  It's not that this design is unappealing, or even unattractive.  In some respects, it's quite attractive.  It's just that it is more of the same for Nashville.  A blue glass cube!  Hmm...where have I seen that before?  Oh, that's right.  Everywhere.

Edited by BnaBreaker

Looks nice and tidy.  I'll certainly take that design, especially since it still addresses both Demonbreun and 11th.  I will say though that I like the old design much better, even if it were a bit shorter.  I felt that it had a far more unique and modern look to it.  It's not that this design is unappealing, or even unattractive.  In some respects, it's quite attractive.  It's just that it is more of the same for Nashville.  A blue glass cube!  Hmm...where have I seen that before?  Oh, that's right.  Everywhere.

I tend to agree.  I liked the older design better for some reason.  Nothing wrong with this one, and I'll gladly take the building and functionality, but it seems to just blend in...?  Of course the real thing will be the final verdict.

I like the new design. Better or worse than the old design? Meh...they're a little different. The only thing I like better about the previous design was the seamless glass look. I like the modestly taller design and the Demonbreun entrance better on this one. The function of the building is essentially the same.

I'm surprised Swinson didn't demand giant spires to be put on the top of it.

Wonder who's going to fill the vacancy at the Lowe's Vanderbilt. 

I'd like to see the Loews use the office building for hotel expansion entirely.  The office portion is oddly shaped and could probably be repurposed.

FWIW, here are some other images that have been released.  Entry drive looks very large but the east end appears to have some green space to engage pedestrians.

http://cmsimg.tennessean.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DN&Date=20131016&Category=BUSINESS02&ArtNo=310160146&Ref=V2&MaxW=600&Border=0.jpg

Here is what the Tennessean called the Garden Patio Club Room

http://cmsimg.tennessean.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DN&Date=20131016&Category=BUSINESS02&ArtNo=310160146&Ref=V1&MaxW=600&Border=0.jpg

• Like 1

From Planning Commission:  Community Meeting 10/24 from 2-3:30 at Farmer's Market to discuss new baseball stadium The Metro Planning Department will hold an information session and community meeting to discuss the proposed new baseball stadium in Sulphur Dell (south of Jefferson/Jackson Street, west of Third Avenue North, north of Harrison Street, and east of Fifth Avenue North).

Sulphur Dell is the historic home of professional baseball in Nashville.

This event will include discussions about the stadium project, site and building design, street design, and operational impacts. Community members will have the opportunity to submit questions and comments.

The information session and community meeting will take place on Thursday, October 24, from 2 pm to 3:30 pm at the Nashville Farmers' Market, 900 Rosa L. Parks Boulevard, Nashville, TN 37208.