Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

4 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

There is a Walgreens 2 1/2 blocks from Broadway.  Seems close enough except for maybe the laziest of tourists.

I have seen in some locations that Walgreens sometimes has multiple locations within blocks of each other. I guess it all comes down to marketing. In the larger cities sometimes within blocks.

4 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

There is a Walgreens 2 1/2 blocks from Broadway.  Seems close enough except for maybe the laziest of tourists.

It's not so convenient for those of us south of Broadway. Not much fun when it's 25 degrees or 95 degrees either.

Edited by Nash_12South

The one in the Arcade in not a full service. They have different levels of stores as was explained to me when I went into one, a while back. There are limited service, then there are more mid service, and then the 24 hour stores that seem to be full service. I think the one in the arcade is the lowest level.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, e-dub said:

The property that Dandure's uses as a parking lot is what was sold. That crossed me up when I read it, initially, too.

As far a I know it has not been sold yet. My guess is that the Beech Company will buy it and redesign the building and that may be what the hold up is. 

But as far as I know according to the parcel viewer and the ROD it is still owned by the same group that has owned it since 2016.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

A Walgreens on Broadway, with more square footage, extended hours, better selection of goods (including an extensive selection of grab & go food), would well serve Nashville’s tourists, convention attendees, AND its downtown residents & workers!

Something like this, or the DGX in Midtown would kill on Broadway or Sobro.

They have something similar attached to the Music City Center at 8th and Demonbreun, but that’s still pretty out of the way for the lower Broadway area  

Maybe in 5th and Broad?

14 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

Something like this, or the DGX in Midtown would kill on Broadway or Sobro.

DGX would be a great addition downtown as well as in the Gulch. It's hard to imagine they wouldn't do a brisk business there, and it adds great visibility for Dollar General here in their hometown.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Well what else would you put on Lower Broadway?

I gave it the facepalm for two reasons.     One is the possibility that the future tenant will be another 5 story bro country theme bar,   I admit that the demand for those appears to have no ceiling, but every new theme bar that opens just adds to the Gatlinburg-ization of Lower Broad (IMO).     The second reason is Cotton Eyed Joe is such a magnificent historic building in need of a thorough and caring restoration.    I'll reserve judgement until we see what the owner has in mind, but theme bar conversions tend to not result in the best restorations when they remove chunks of facade, rebuild interiors to accommodate stages and replace original doors and windows with garage-type doors.      

What else would I put in that building?      Definitely agree with the Walgreens suggestion.     I could think of a few others:   boutique hotel, restaurant, food court, retail, office/work space on upper floors, 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

^ someone could have used a string line on that foundation wall.   LOL  

Makes you wonder what other parts of this building will be "good enough" instead of plumb straight.  Note to self: do not enter this building, ever.

• Haha 1

If a restaurant, convenience store, or other retail tries to function normally while being smack-dab in the middle of Broadway, they are going to have a hard time doing so. The hostesses at Merchants for example (which is not a bar, but a restaurant) are very used to drunk tourists stumbling in, demanding a table, and then belligerently complaining about the wait. Not to mention the amount of people who push in and try to crowd the bar.  In order not to be affected by the goings-on of Broadway, whatever businesses occupy the area must fit in somehow, or try to keep those people out.

I can only imagine that 5th and Broad's retail thoroughfare will be inundated with spillover from the bars and honky-tonks. I hope this won't be the case, but the area really needs to have a way to promote the fact it's not a continuation of the "party zone."

• Like 2