Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 2/25/2019 at 9:21 AM, wreynol4 said:

Our largest hometown bank Pinnacle has about 25 billion in assets. It sounds like a lot, but in the banking world, it’s peanuts.  By comparison BofA is 50 times larger with over 1 trillion in assets. 

One only needs to do business with one and then the other to know BoA is no longer needed. Anyone visited a BoA branch anywhere in the city and not had to stand in line? I'm a Pinnacle convert after almost 30 years with BoA and their predecessors. I can't imagine who they consider their customers these days. 

Edited by nvestnbna
  • Like 2

The banking industry is changing rapidly, away from the granite-tower, button-down, concentrated employers they have been to a far-flung, distributed, tech-driven model.  There's been so much consolidation in the industry, it's just an ego thing anymore to say largest. But being in a family of bankers myself, they feel like they've had targets on them in recent years. So banking is trending to a lower profile, with marketing geared to good corporate citizenship. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, nvestnbna said:

One only needs to do business with one and then the other to know BoA is no longer needed. Anyone visited a BoA branch anywhere in the city and not had to stand in line? I'm a Pinnacle convert after almost 30 years with BoA and their predecessors. I can't imagine who they consider their customers these days. 

I've been with Bank of America for ages and have been considering going to another bank with Pinnacle being at/near the top of the list. You're dead on about the having to stand in line bit. It's not often that I have to go to a branch, but when I do I've had to stand in line every single time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, e-dub said:

I've been with Bank of America for ages and have been considering going to another bank with Pinnacle being at/near the top of the list. You're dead on about the having to stand in line bit. It's not often that I have to go to a branch, but when I do I've had to stand in line every single time.

I had been with both BofA and Wells Fargo for 20+ years but now I’m solely with Pinnacle and can’t recommend them enough. It’s a great bank and it’s in our town. That’s good enough for me.

• Like 2

The properties from 701-719 Ewing Ave. in Pie Town (I much prefer LoLa for "Lower Lafayette") are going to be developed Natchez Group and Fresh Hospitaity into an unknown retail/restaurant package.  The two existing buildings (once home to Drury's photo supply and CMS Uniforms) will be connected by a new structure. No renderings or diagrams available yet. Ragan Smith & Assoc. will do the engineering.  The site is bordered by City Winery on the north and TEnnessee Brew Works on the south.   At one tie it was rumored that a Brooklyn Bowl may be part of the new development.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21049790/pie-town-project-eyed-since-2016-set-to-start

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 1.57.39 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal labeled "Polygon 318" at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 1.58.38 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Accent Cumberland (two 4 story buildings, 282 apartments) has started on 7.9 acres at 541 Great Circle Rd. in MetroCenter. Westplan Investors Group is the developer and Poole & Poole is the archistecture firm.  No renderings yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21049886/metrocenter-apartment-project-start-looms

Looking SW from Great Circle Drive, 1/2 block SW of Mainstream Drive:

Accent MetroCenter, March 2, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking NW from Great Circle Drive, 1/2 block north of Rosa L. Parks Blvd:

Accent MetroCenter, March 2, 2019, 2.jpg

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in red at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 8.20.16 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1