Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 2/12/2019 at 9:27 AM, markhollin said:

Another apartment complex being proposed for West Trinity Lane, featuring 3 five-story buildings and 375 units on several acres.  1/2 mile west of White's Creek Pike.Developer is Wharton Capital Group, who will go before Metro Planning Commission to request rezoning this Thursday, Feb. 14th.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21046798/west-trinity-lane-could-land-apartment-project

West Trinity Apts, Feb 12, 2019, render.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

West Trinity Apts, Feb 12, 2019, site map.png

This project will be one to keep an I on. My firm did a planning exercise for one of the two small lots directly adjacent to the east of this large parcel last year and it is a very steep grade change and alot of rock, which equals blasting. The other curious item is this chunk of land was partially owned by a Land Trust, which could make for actual affordable housing with certain constraints of profit with resale. I had to do alot of research on Land Trusts and Community Land Trusts for grad school and it was interesting to run across in this area.

Metro needs to invest in this area for the developments to all become reality. That portion of the road is a deserted wasteland!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ The brick will remain exposed and all of the Richards Storage signage will remain painted.  The wanted to continually pay homage to the building's roots. 

Are they going to clean it up at all beyond adding the new windows? Retouch the missing paint?

Paying homage to a buildings roots shouldn't mean retaining a structure as an eyesore.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, titanhog said:

I hope they at least power wash the brick.  Right now, the new portion and old portion don't mesh that well.

This is purposeful. While the building is not historic is falls within the historic overlay. The point of the addition was to separate itself from the original building. 

22 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Are they going to clean it up at all beyond adding the new windows? Retouch the missing paint?

Paying homage to a buildings roots shouldn't mean retaining a structure as an eyesore.

See my comment about the cleaning and painting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

This is purposeful. While the building is not historic is falls within the historic overlay. The point of the addition was to separate itself from the original building. 

See my comment about the cleaning and painting.

Can you explain why they want the addition to look separate?  Seems to me, they would want you to do something that compliments it in a way that looks like it belongs there.  It's not like they're going to one day remove the addition (more than likely).  I love the addition you guys did...it's just a little strange they would want it to look so different.

• Like 1

I understand, but don't necessarily agree with the reasoning to keep the new addition and old building looking different. But two elevations of the building have been turned into Swiss cheese with all the punched windows.

At some point it's not historic anymore. Just my perspective....

Edited by Nash_12South

The developers of Phase II of Taylor Place (adaptive reuse of former Werthan Packaging warehouse and a new 2 story structure) have secured an additional $13 million construction load from Wells Fargo Bank. Work is currently underway on the old 60,000 sq. ft. structure to be converted into creative office space. The new building will cover 18,000 sq. ft.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21048366/notes-bennie-dillon-office-space-for-sale

• Like 1

The development that includes The Inn at Fontenel, Carl Black Chevy Wood Amphitheater, Prichard’s Distillery, Natchez Hills Winery and Tasting Room, Adventure Works Ziplines, Vintage Creek Apparel and Italian restaurant Cafe Fontanella has sold for $14.5 million. Its buyer is Chicago-based BlueRoad Ventures, which created BlueRoad Fontanel LLC for the acquisition. No word as to their plans for the 167 acre site at 4133 Whites Creek Pike in northern Davidson County.

Metro Council previously approved zoning to allow the property to offer an additional 140 hotel rooms in five buildings to be located on an adjacent 30-acre farmstead.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21048453/fontanel-property-sells-for-145m

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/02/22/chicago-firm-buys-fontanel-property.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 3.43.53 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the Fontanel site in yellow at the center of the frame.

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 3.46.53 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2