Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

https://www.citylab.com/design/2012/01/why-portlands-public-toilets-succeeded-where-others-failed/1020/

I could see a few of these placed strategically around town as being a nice addition for everyone. Not sure how they cost so much to manufacture, I guess the stainless steal is pretty pricey. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

https://www.citylab.com/design/2012/01/why-portlands-public-toilets-succeeded-where-others-failed/1020/

I could see a few of these placed strategically around town as being a nice addition for everyone. Not sure how they cost so much to manufacture, I guess the stainless steal is pretty pricey. 

I know Downtown had one maybe 10 years ago around 1st and Broadway.  I don't think it is there anymore.  If I remember correctly, it was a magnet for homeless so most people just avoided it.

I agree though - having these placed around the city would be great.  I remember Paris had a ton of these and it was very convenient when we were walking about being tourists.

1 hour ago, musiczealot said:

I agree though - having these placed around the city would be great.  I remember Paris had a ton of these and it was very convenient when we were walking about being tourists.

Except when you are dining at a sidewalk cafe and door to the toilet 100 ft away opens and you see a drunk in there with his pants down to his ankles. Then the police come and drag him out still exposed. 

Kind of ruined the dinner in Paris experience.

Understandibly, I'll pass on the sidewalk toilet proposal. Unless they are discreetly located. 

Sorry to ruin everyone's dinner.

• Like 1

Phillips Plaza Tower (previously known as Band of America Building, 20 stories, 435,000 sq. ft.) has changed hands again.  It sold for a whopping $111.5 million today, which is 50% more than it did three years ago.  Wheelock Street Capital from LCP Nashville LLC.  Crazy!

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21049322/downtown-tower-sells-for-1115m

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

OMG, I spent 3 months of my life there.

Ever go to the Luxembourg Gardens? Beautiful park. I would give 3 months of my life to have spent 3 months in Paris. Notre Dame, the Louvre, Montmartre, a side trip to Monet's house. C'est la vie! And with regard to the famous French rudeness, the only time I was treated rudely there was by a German.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

To be fair, France has a long tradition of having rude Germans in it

Der Fuhrer was extremely rude. In my art studio I have an old photo of a German soldier and a French collaborater admiring the Eiffel Tower during the Occupation. Wonder what happened to her?

Just now, BnaBreaker said:

If that interests you, you should watch The Last Kingdom on Netflix. 

Yeah...I love that show.  I also like Vikings on History...but TLK is a little more gritty and "real."  My ancestry is German / English / Swedish / Dane...so that explains my insanity. :D

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

If that interests you, you should watch The Last Kingdom on Netflix. 

Yes...very good fictional piece regarding the unification of the Saxons led by Alfred the Great's vision of England.  TLK has been renewed for a fourth season.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, titanhog said:

Yeah...I love that show.  I also like Vikings on History...but TLK is a little more gritty and "real."  My ancestry is German / English / Swedish / Dane...so that explains my insanity. :D

Hahaha... I'm going to start calling you titanhog daughter of Uhtred... yes, it's all becoming clear now!  J/k j/k ;) ... I am intrigued by Vikings and will get around to watching it someday, but for some reason a fictional plot based show from the History Channel just feels weird.  lol

4 hours ago, tragenvol said:

Yes...very good fictional piece regarding the unification of the Saxons led by Alfred the Great's vision of England.  TLK has been renewed for a fourth season.

Yes I was very happy when I heard that news, especially after the very satisfying ending to season 3 ;) ... Given all the original sets and period costume work I was surprised to learn that apparently TLK is one of the cheaper shows for Netflix to produce, which gives me hope that it'll be around for the long haul and not cut short like so many others.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Hahaha... I'm going to start calling you titanhog daughter of Uhtred... yes, it's all becoming clear now!  J/k j/k ;) ... I am intrigued by Vikings and will get around to watching it someday, but for some reason a fictional plot based show from the History Channel just feels weird.  lol

I prefer "Queen" of Uhtred...wife of Uhtred...etc, etc. :D

Vikings is actually a great series...and very well done.  I'm sure it was just a production that History bid on and doesn't actually produce it themselves.  You will not be disappointed.

• Haha 1