Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Subway is closed for good :tw_angry:

I was the owner of that store. I tried like hell to keep it going but the rental rates doesn’t bode well for a store front that has an average ticket of 7 bux (even though they wanted me for that reason). 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

26 minutes ago, subkyle said:

I was the owner of that store. I tried like hell to keep it going but the rental rates doesn’t bode well for a store front that has an average ticket of 7 bux (even though they wanted me for that reason). 

Ultimately I think if marketstreet wants to sell the neighborhood as livable and not just investable for a certain class they have to adjust rents to below market for a certain sort of tenant. I don’t see that happening though so I suppose it’s a sort of microcausm for Nashville affordability in general. 

I’ll miss Subway though, just discovered online ordering a few weeks ago. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Agreed. 

I wonder what the reasoning is. 

"This hotel's going to be a lot bigger than it is right now," Jeff Soffer, CEO and co-owner of Turnberry, said in a fall 2017 interview. "Obviously, that [land] will be an expansion at some point."

That's fascinating. I'd assumed that if they built something it would be an office tower. What would an expansion even look like there.

2 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

I don't know which active construction site is getting its crane parts today (Margaritaville, Hyatt House or TruHouse (my pick), but on my drive into work today, but saw a rig with a crane segment turn on to 6th this morning.

It's for Marg-ville and the crane is up!

• Like 4