505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

505 is really starting to make a visual impact. From my perspective on the East side, it's really starting to stick out. I was walking to a game Tuesday night from the pedestrian bridge. As I was walking across the Schermerhorn plaza, it had the appearance of towering over everything else. At least from that perspective, it appears as a new tallest. I know that it will not be as tall as AT&T, but I'm starting to believe that it will be hard to convince people that it's not. 

• Like 4

^

These are great pictures and they really demonstrate the impact that the 505 will have on the Nashville skyline. We all know that Tony would have liked to go taller, but I am happy that the priority was finding a height that could be built in Nashville at this time vs. tilting at windmills.

Also, as a resident on the Church Street/8th Ave N. confluence, I am so happy to see some activity on the north side of downtown. When this project announced there was no certainty of the Fed Courthouse, the Lifeway redo, nor the old convention center redo. 

• dmillsphoto changed the title to 505CST | 565 ft | 45 fls Church St | U/C

Article from the Nashville post clears this up 

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20852792/real-estate-notes-505-to-partially-open-in-october

5051.jpg

5052.jpg

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

So, that should take the official height to 565' then.  Sure hope there are plans for some sort of LED lighting of the crown. May 18th is now the target date for topping-out.  : )

My understanding of the Nashville Post article was that instead of the rounded top section, they would simply continue the windows upwards instead. I'm not sure this equates to an increase in height since its simply replacing the structure that was already going to be there.

• Like 2