505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, dmillsphoto said:

Looking at the time-lapse on the Adventure Science Center camera, you can tell the crane stops moving about that time and hasn't moved since, so they must have shut it down after the incident / accident.  I'm betting either something the crane was hoisting dropped on someone...or part of the hoist-line (whatever you call it) hit someone or fell on them.  Just speculation on my part.

Or...it could be that something happened while they were trying to raise the crane (which is expected to happen any day now).

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Or...it could be that something happened while they were trying to raise the crane (which is expected to happen any day now).

Crane elevation wont take place until March 4-5 according to the Nashville Post article posted last week.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/02/22/tony-giarratana-updates-opening-plans-for-newest.html

I'm sure that whatever the accident was caused by will be made known eventually. 

On 3/3/2017 at 6:33 PM, jdavidf said:

I haven't posted anything in a long time....   my partner, Michael, passed away back in June and I've been keeping a pretty low profile everywhere.. 

I've been watching 505 go up and just thought I'd share a view of it from the north side..  it's not the best (after dark, cell phone camera, etc)... but still, it gives an idea of the impact on the skyline from this direction (near the Farmer's Market).

David

20170303_182448.thumb.jpg.2c2f319cba70fece862b985caa1ff2f9.jpg

Sorry for your loss but glad to see you on and share this view.

3 hours ago, titanhog said:

One final mock-up of what the finished product will almost look like, as far as height.  It does help relieve the "flat skyline" issue we have just a little, but would have been nice to have gotten another 100' or so to help even more.

Unfortunately it doesn't help the "all (most) of our buildings have no crown" problem.

But I do agree. So many of our buildings are tall but stretched (looking at you, Bridgestone), so this will definitely help there.

• Like 1