Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (46 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage

markhollin

• 1 month later...

Further trouble for the developers on this project:

Oakworth Capital Bank of Alabama is suing RC Nashville Development Partners LLC and Tim Morris (the owners of the property), claiming the defendants failed to make the required payments on a $10 million loan. Morris is the managing member of the LLC, which includes no other investors or individuals.

The lawsuit notes the note matured and was payable on Aug. 9, with the defendants having failed to make the required full payments and now in default.

Oakworth is seeking $10,470,772.90 and interest, according to the suit.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/ritz-carlton-project-faces-financing-snag-as-bank-sues-developer/article_d56330b6-7809-11ee-ad3a-67466a6e47ad.html

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 5

I know very little about this, but this suit may result in forcing Tim Morris to sell the land. It's been mentioned that he's overextended. If there's still interest in being there at Ritz Carlton, then they may see fit to proceed with a new developer on this site. I doubt Ritz will be involved in any of these financial settlements. Unless they're talking with another developer (e.g. White Lodging) this one may be resurrected.  That site is crying for a hotel (not sure about residential). Anyone here on UP have any insight about the condo market in downtown Nashville? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Exactly... I'd say if anything this actually increases the chances of the Ritz eventually getting built... perhaps with a different design and different development partner, but built nonetheless... hopefully!

I believe this is the same lot that  the 30 story 1KVB was suppose to be built several years ago, please correct me if I'm wrong. This property, IMO, should have been developed years ago. It's sad it's still  vacant .  Possibly if they were to remove the eyesore "Sticks" something good might happen🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Azarat said:

I believe this is the same lot that  the 30 story 1KVB was suppose to be built several years ago, please correct me if I'm wrong. This property, IMO, should have been developed years ago. It's sad it's still  vacant .  Possibly if they were to remove the eyesore "Sticks" something good might happen🤔

What does that have to do with a developer being able to get the interest rate he can afford to sign for?

Edited by Argo
  • Like 1

This is too bad. But I don't think many are surprised who have been eagerly watching and awaiting news about the Ritz Carlton project.

The Ritz Carlton in Nashville makes perfect sense--and I would think the brand still has strong interest in Nashville, and this may open the door to partner with a reputable developer with deep pockets and deep experience to get the job actually done.

Do we think the Ritz winds up being built in another location? Perhaps Beaman, Reed, the East Bank or even the Nashville Yards site? 

The options seem wide open. 

• Like 1

Absolutely, I hope that Ritz still believes in Nashville and doesn’t give up pursuing interest in a high class project here. All those sites mentioned above are good candidates for them, and also my personal opinion is with the Tishman Spayer Development. That’s a well established, Deep pocketed, and stable company that is looking for a statement landmark building here in the heart of the city.

• Like 4

How is the edition hotel doing? I know it’s a bit off topic but the edition is apparently owned by the ritz Carlton brand, so if that’s built I suppose Nashville will have a ritz Carlton kind of brand sooner than later.

though I believe the actual ritz Carlton will end up in Nashville at some point as well, they just need to find the right developer. The four seasons is in Nashville and that’s arguably the best luxury hotel chain in the world in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

Would not be surprised to see this land at the Tishman Speyer site. 

That has been my thought since the obvious death of the M2 deal. Teaming up Ritz-Carlton with Tishman Speyer should make for a quality product. Let’s keep fingers crossed for this project to pan out. Truly speculative, and just a thought, but tantalizing!

• Like 4