JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

Does anyone know what they're going to do with the marble?  Are they saving it somewhere...or maybe selling it as salvage materials?

Whether or not DemoOne is recovering salvage, they have to literally dismantle the structure, as Chris stated earlier, particularly with the thick granite and marble cladding.  They cannot simply ball it down at that site, for the sake of safety, what with all that brittle and elongated material. Wrecking balls require ample clearance from each point of demo.impact, so that kills off using Demonbreun St. and Eigth Ave, both "Too" major (as opposed to "Minor Major"), to be partially consumed by the typical site cut-offs over long period spans.
-==-

• Like 2

Whether or not DemoOne is recovering salvage, they have to literally dismantle the structure, as Chris stated earlier, particularly with the thick granite and marble cladding.  They cannot simply ball it down at that site, for the sake of safety, what with all that brittle and elongated material. Wrecking balls require ample clearance from each point of demo.impact, so that kills off using Demonbreun St. and Eigth Ave, both "Too" major (as opposed to "Minor Major"), to be partially consumed by the typical site cut-offs over long period spans.-==-

I've noticed this demo work on this side of the building is done after 10:30 or later because there not not any traffic but there are still road closers around the building

• Like 1

I've noticed this demo work on this side of the building is done after 10:30 or later because there not not any traffic but there are still road closers around the building

...and they'd be "semi-permanent" (extended) closures, if they opted for Ball wrecking (Miley Cyrus job), which would bring traffic to a "grinding" halt. -==-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it is built as drawn, then what the person on SSC said is wrong.

This hits on a question I had an opportunity to ask an architect at a recent party about.  She said she has been one for 19 years (btw they have to go through grueling training) and works out of Atlanta.  I asked her why there's so much uncertainty about a building's number of floors when it's announced and even under construction. At first she didn't know what I was talking about. Then she acknowledged that newspaper (and TV) reporters get the facts screwed up on many of her projects about 75% of the time. She said also there is a bit of subterfuge on the part of some developers when they say that a building has a tower that is XX floors tall for various reasons.  Sometimes if there is a history of opposition to very tall buildings in a neighborhood (Gulch and Green Hills), they'll attempt to get by with stating the number of the floors that sit atop a podium. Given the "pathetic record of reporters with numbers" (she said that!), the developers will hope to get the thing topped out before there's any stink (although codes specify the figure).  She added that developers often don't count the HVAC floor and even utility floors that may be in the middle of the tower.

Anyway, that's a long way of saying just go to the codes/permitting department if you want an exact floor count and height. Did the person on SSC claim to have done that?

• Like 1

It is 33 and 365 according to what WW told me. 33 and 365 or 34 and 385, does it really make a difference anyway? It is sure not 500+ like people speculated on here for over a year.

In any case WW has told me one thing and then said something else later! It is still sub-400 feet and Nashville is going to struggle to consistently break the 400 foot range. We have two: Bridgestone and Paramount. We will have to take 365 or 385 when we can get it.

I am most excited about Paramount and Bridgestone.

Edited by Paramount747
  • Like 1

All the person said was that their source was the Nashville Post and the asked me if 20' really matters when of course I never said it did in the first place. I swear people can come across rude and snappy on these forums. That's why I try to keep my posts to a minimum. 385' or 365' I'll be glad to see this built. 

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...