The Westin Music City - 27 Floors/320', 452 Rooms

Paramount747

I agree that the interior is gorgeous. I can't wait to see how the pool will look once complete. I'm still hoping that they will do something with the windows. There is a shot of the building on NC5's website and you can clearly see a blue pane of glass near the top that is completely different from the rest. It is on the side facing Cummins Station. 

Checked out the exterior "close up" as well as the lobby area of the hotel over the weekend.  Overall, I am unimpressed - because the architecture and the interior seem to reflect someone's impression of what Nashville might be like, as if they'd never set foot in our town.

The lobby feels like a combination of a Sedona-esque western luxury vibe with the kind of Texas glitz you'd expect from a convention hotel in Dallas.  Too much leather, rough metal, and crystal glass chandeliers.  It's hard to describe but if anyone else has been inside I'd love to get your opinion of it.

Full disclosure, I have not seen the rooms so I can't comment on that.

Other weird feature is the large wall immediately to the left of the main entrance from the porte cochere.  You walk into what almost feels like a vestibule due to the walls immediately to your left and front.  You have to turn right to get the open feel of the lobby, which doesn't make sense for a property of this size and scale.  

I've been to some very poor countries and this building reminds me of some 3rd world countries. I'm grossed out by it actually, because you can look into someone's room. That's not cute at all. I don't know what they were thinking, but I definitely wouldn't stay there.  Hate it!!!!

Edited by FromParkAveToTN

11 hours ago, FromParkAveToTN said:

I've been to some very poor countries and this building reminds me of some 3rd world countries. I'm grossed out by it actually, because you can look into someone's room. That's not cute at all. I don't know what they were thinking, but I definitely wouldn't stay there.  Hate it!!!!

Exhibitionists need a place to stay on vacation, too. :)

• Like 1