The Westin Music City - 27 Floors/320', 452 Rooms

Paramount747

53 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

I really like this pic and would love to see a similar shot from 10 years ago.  I just wish there was something nicer in the roundabout instead of those stupid sticks.  And how did that truck end up on the roof of the MCC?

thats a loading dock, there are ramps from the inside/bottom to get them up there.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2016 at 4:11 PM, dmillsphoto said:

Had an old family friend in town for a convention that put people up at the Westin, the Thompson, and the Sheraton. In conversation, at least 7 people requested transfers to other hotels out of our dear Westin. 

Doing a drive about last night, I joked the people leaving the Westin might have wanted more privacy due to our ongoing joke with the windows. We drove by with clear-as-glass views into the first 5-6 floors. Could see what channel people were watching on the first floor of rooms.

It sounds, however, that more issues than just the glass are at bay. Perhaps it's just because they've been open 2 weeks, but who knows.

Had a friend that booked at the Westin over the weekend and ended up moving to a different hotel. He said the noise from the train horns all night and the early morning construction kept him from getting any sleep. Apparently the windows are paper-thin. Check-in took 30 minutes. I agree that the service issues will be ironed out, but interesting that the Thompson appears to have opened without any glitches, so far as I've been told. That appears to bear out in reviews, as TripAdvisor ratings have the Thompson ranked #2 of #155 while the Westin sits at #90 of #155 hotels in Nashville.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...