The Westin Music City - 27 Floors/320', 452 Rooms

Paramount747

36 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Those are very wise words, and I do enjoy anytime you decide to bless us with your input.  I totally understand what you're saying, and in most cases, I'd agree completely with you.  However, in this case, I think more than anything most people are just confused about why they'd drop $100 million on a hotel but then not spend the extra (relative) pennies to tint the windows.  It's not really a design issue more than it is an issue of practicality.  

..Thanks; that insight really sums it up about that venture.  And that's when everyone else tries to beat me to the "Tacky-button", even though I've already put finger pressure on the trigger.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dmillsphoto said:

The waterfall of death was going to be on Kelty's building on Division. The Westin still has it's water feature, though.

Actually...it was the "swimming pool of death"...and it's supposed to be at the top of the Westin.  Guess we'll see if it has that "glass wall" in the pool looking north towards downtown.

Aside from the ugly appearance of the window and curtains from the outside, wouldn't the lack of window tint lead to a noticeable problem with fading of the curtains, walls and items in the rooms that are exposed to direct sunlight? Seems like they'll have to repaint faded walls and replace faded furniture more often because of this.

I believe that modern technology has given us the option of high levels of UV ray blockage without heavy tinting of windows. The replacement windows I had installed in my home feature low-e glass, but have little visible color.  I would love to know what type of energy efficient glass was used in the construction of this property.

9 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I believe that modern technology has given us the option of high levels of UV ray blockage without heavy tinting of windows. The replacement windows I had installed in my home feature low-e glass, but have little visible color.  I would love to know what type of energy efficient glass was used in the construction of this property.

This is correct. Most car windshields are designed to block all UV light for the same reason.

1 hour ago, TNinVB said:

So this monstrosity is scheduled to open in 5 days??? I will be surprised. 

Realistically they probably have a handful of Certificates of Occupancy right now. No building this large opens completely on one specific date. They will probably be applying for COO's and still have interior finish out work done well into next year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TNinVB said:

So this monstrosity is scheduled to open in 5 days??? I will be surprised. 

They will make it. The whole thing won't be open, but 2/3 of the rooms will be available

Also, I may try to get a night(mare) pic sometime. Maybe. When I'm not too disgusted looking at it. Maybe

I guess now we know why they had no pennies left over to tint the windows...those interior shots are stunning!  And really, when it comes to a hotel, I suppose the interior aesthetics are far more important than the exterior aesthetics.  I just hope the guests don't mind providing an accidental peep show to anyone using 8th Ave. 

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I guess now we know why they had no pennies left over to tint the windows...those interior shots are stunning!  And really, when it comes to a hotel, I suppose the interior aesthetics are far more important than the exterior aesthetics.  I just hope the guests don't mind providing an accidental peep show to anyone using 8th Ave. 

The peep shows might not always be accidental. As the young'ens say... Just sayin. :tw_glasses:

• Like 1