The Westin Music City - 27 Floors/320', 452 Rooms

Paramount747

19 hours ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

I actually really like the Westin aesthetic. Super mid century modern, and also modern looking.

Doesn't bother me at all. 

Now the one hotel that is super dated and basic looking to me in Nashville, is the Sheraton, with that white disc on top. Ugh, the 1950s wants it back lol

Which buildings built in the 50s has that?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Argo said:

Which buildings built in the 50s has that?

I probably should've said 1960s. That was more in line with what I meant. Or even 1970s. Either decade. I think it was built in the 70s, wasn't it?

I just don't like those disc type shapes on top of buildings. Looks corny to me.

1 hour ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

I probably should've said 1960s. That was more in line with what I meant. Or even 1970s. Either decade. I think it was built in the 70s, wasn't it?

I just don't like those disc type shapes on top of buildings. Looks corny to me.

It's a '70s design.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Auntie Yock said:

It's a '70s design.

Well, no matter when it was, the "white disc" was a revolving restauant.  What other shape would it possibly have been?  It wasn't Windows on the World, for heavens sake.  It's just part of Nashville's history until they finally raze it.  I expect there will be some yo-yos who will gripe about losing history.  Sheesh.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Well, no matter when it was, the "white disc" was a revolving restauant.  What other shape would it possibly have been?  It wasn't Windows on the World, for heavens sake.  It's just part of Nashville's history until they finally raze it.  I expect there will be some yo-yos who will gripe about losing history.  Sheesh.

You're looking at one. I enjoyed visiting the rotating restaurant in the '70s, the Polaris Room. Had a unique view of downtown.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chc3 said:

As I’ve posted before, I’ve come to appreciate the Sheraton as an architectural example of its era.

Same with me, I see it everyday from my living room and I like it!  I can't say that about the parking garage though, it's hideous. 

• Like 3

On 2/11/2024 at 10:46 AM, Auntie Yock said:

You're looking at one. I enjoyed visiting the rotating restaurant in the '70s, the Polaris Room. Had a unique view of downtown.

I walked by there one day and asked them why the restaurant closed and they said there was not enought elavators to keep the restaurant open and get guest to their rooms quick enouht.  I think they said they had hoped to get another elevator installed but I have not been by recently to confirm, but I do beieve it can still be rentred for events.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2