The Westin Music City - 27 Floors/320', 452 Rooms

Paramount747

Yeah they do have a lot to do. Don't know how they are going to replace all the glass with something that looks good by then. 

Side note: Are there any other buildings around town where it is this easy to see inside? Talk about zero privacy. I like to have the blinds open to let natural light in, but i would never do that at this place. 

Edited by bigeasy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm quite suspicious of Westin's opening date of sometime in September.  Even if it is the end of next month, I'm dubious that they can have everything ready.  Hardly anything has been built-out in the primary meeting spaces (the section that faces the corner of 8th Ave. South and Clark St.), and from outward appearances, there is still much to be done elsewhere.  I hope I'm wrong.

Looking in from intersection of 8th Ave. South and Clark Street:

Westin_Aug.JPG

Looking west along Clark Street toward the main entrance:

Westin_2_Aug.JPG

BTW, the argyle x-pattern on the window tinting is finally becoming visible from certain angles...

Westin_3_Aug.JPG

Not so much from other perspectives...

Westin_4_Aug.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

I'm quite suspicious of Westin's opening date of sometime in September.  Even if it is the end of next month, I'm dubious that they can have everything ready.  Hardly anything has been built-out in the primary meeting spaces (the section that faces the corner of 8th Ave. South and Clark St.), and from outward appearances, there is still much to be done elsewhere.  I hope I'm wrong.

A project this size will have many certificates of occupancy, so in reality, they probably will be able to have some rooms or a portion of the hotel open at the end of September. I've previously worked on projects where we were working on construction documents for interior spaces months after the first COO was issued. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, arkitekte said:

A project this size will have many certificates of occupancy, so in reality, they probably will be able to have some rooms or a portion of the hotel open at the end of September. I've previously worked on projects where we were working on construction documents for interior spaces months after the first COO was issued. 

Adding to this, it makes sense that Westin (or any similar hotel) would want to get the hotel rooms online even if the exhibition space was still under construction. To say that rooms downtown are scarce is an understatement, and the booking time for hotel guests is much less than that for conferences.

• Like 3

You can tell that the three columns of windows going up the right side are tinted and not transparent like the rest. These were the last windows installed because of the exterior elevator. I'm not sure why the others were not installed the same way. Only time will tell I guess. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 3.36.38 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 3.37.06 PM.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/19/2016 at 2:42 PM, TNinVB said:

You can tell that the three columns of windows going up the right side are tinted and not transparent like the rest. These were the last windows installed because of the exterior elevator. I'm not sure why the others were not installed the same way. Only time will tell I guess. 

[pics removed]

I've noticed this as well and have been wondering (hoping?) that the rest of the windows would have film installed to match.

Otherwise this will look even worse than it already does!

I believe the lack of transparency is not from tinting but that what's behind those windows is not a hotel room but an enclosed mechanical riser space. Notice on the the right side of the building in the top photo that there are black ventilation grates directly adjacent to that space.

Edited by SoundScan
  • Like 3