Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

I wish with the shop space along S Church LH would allow pop up shops in the space maybe finish up a restroom but allow some pop up retail to at least activate the space.  Many landlords uptown including LH are always waiting for this great credit worthy tenant to go into their space yet we have seen plenty of uptown space stay vacant for years and years.  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CTiger said:

I wonder what kind of bulk discount they got on those windows.

I was just thinking, as I was perusing the posting, "I really like the Deloitte building and I think the new one is going to be fine, but man, all that blue glass is too much...sameness."

2 hours ago, ertley said:

I was just thinking, as I was perusing the posting, "I really like the Deloitte building and I think the new one is going to be fine, but man, all that blue glass is too much...sameness."

You ought to see downtown Nashville everything is that blue glass.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DonkeyKong said:

Steak 48?

no  but there is a high end steak house going in over at Charlotte Plaza. 

23 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

I assume the steakhouse was a joke, and just a dig at how corporate the complex is....but maybe i'm wrong.

I am excited and I like steak houses so there's that. 

2 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

I drove and walked around downtown Sunday afternoon and how many steak restaurants there were on my route?! Ritz restaurant and Fleming and the italian steakhouse at Ally (I think) and Ruth Chris and so on. Too many, or so I thought.

Flemings, BLT at the Ritz, Deans Steakhouse at the JW Marriott, Mortons, Capitol Grille, Ruth's Chris,  new steakhouse at Charlotte Plaza not opened yet

But believe it or not upscale steak houses are popular.  But their menus are very wide now with lots of seafood, other dishes.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

Was not a joke

I am already trying to book a table here highly rated I hear.   But my favorite steakhouses in NC are in Mt Pleasant (73 and Main) and yes the Angus Barn in Raleigh. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

no  but there is a high end steak house going in over at Charlotte Plaza. 

I am excited and I like steak houses so there's that. 

Flemings, BLT at the Ritz, Deans Steakhouse at the JW Marriott, Mortons, Capitol Grille, Ruth's Chris,  new steakhouse at Charlotte Plaza not opened yet

But believe it or not upscale steak houses are popular.  But their menus are very wide now with lots of seafood, other dishes.  

I mean.

Those (mostly Chain) places aren’t bad. They serve their purpose well. it’s just not really for locals or tourist or people from around the metropolitan area. It’s pretty sterile and boring outside of work happy hours, business travel, prom, etc.  Which is fine - they’re needed and uptown needs those places but it desperately needs more well-rounded places to eat to appeal to folks in the city/region. Or to me at least, lol. 

(Angus Barn is amazing though. xD I’d eat there for pleasure for sure haha.) 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

They were looking here pre-pandemic, but no not Halls. Its a chain, but its a tiny tiny chain, two locations.

I don't care what it is as long as it has a high-quality breakfast suitable for morning business connections with corporate executive clients coming in from out of town.  Dean's has something decent, but uptown needs more corporate breakfast variety.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

Doesn't look like it :-(. Bummer

brings up something else actually, does Uptown have an idea of a decent smoothie place, apart from Spoons?  Especially one that at least touts that it's health-conscious and not loading its product with sugary fruit juices?  For those of you ex-new yorkers, think Joe & the Juice or Juice Press...

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RANYC said:

brings up something else actually, does Uptown have an idea of a decent smoothie place, apart from Spoons?  Especially one that at least touts that it's health-conscious and not loading its product with sugary fruit juices?  For those of you ex-new yorkers, think Joe & the Juice or Juice Press...

There's a Clean Juice uptown, they say they're pretty healthy.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...