Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

1 hour ago, CLT Development said:

My sources are saying this is vertically integrated into one 39-floor tower, and that there might still be a development pad left on the parking deck for a hotel, though tbh they said that with the current tower under construction. I will say however, that the parcel being developed is the largest one to date, and I'd be a real shame if it wasn't two towers.

Does this basically mean that parking deck will cover the entirety of the remaining parcel, and maybe if we are lucky they will add a hotel once it sells to a new owner?

6 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Does this basically mean that parking deck will cover the entirety of the remaining parcel, and maybe if we are lucky they will add a hotel once it sells to a new owner?

Honestly unclear. Its possible that a development pad remains open along Church, but its just so hard to find out information about Lincoln Harris projects.

• Like 4

On 6/5/2023 at 2:02 PM, CLT Development said:

My sources are saying this is vertically integrated into one 39-floor tower, and that there might still be a development pad left on the parking deck for a hotel, though tbh they said that with the current tower under construction. I will say however, that the parcel being developed is the largest one to date, and I'd be a real shame if it wasn't two towers.

Heard another source say its two buildings, so... um... we are just going to wait until its announced, whenever that'll be. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Serious thought: I wonder if they have thought about how to handle that plaza and flag poles if the conference expands or gets decimated by another conference. Given how college sports change, seems like it could turn into musical flag poles every few years, lol.

3 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Serious thought: I wonder if they have thought about how to handle that plaza and flag poles if the conference expands or gets decimated by another conference. Given how college sports change, seems like it could turn into musical flag poles every few years, lol.

they would put up some generic Legacy Union Lincoln Harris flags I would think  or add the city of Charlotte flag or something.  

• Like 3